What JWs are passing out in response to Silentlamb

by Joyzabel 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

LOL Englishman, they can't even write anything original!! doh!

• Flip
    Flip
    Eric, you are so right, they don't get it.

Sorry Joy, but I disagree. The WTS has always shied away from attempting to argue with anyone in the attempt to convince otherwise, either groups or individuals who are already aware of, or seeks to expose WTS policy indiscretions.

Its a numbers game. The WTS only has to convince the public majority of the ignorant and apathetic, in regards to WTS policy beyond a supposedly reasonable doubt.

It appears the WTS has produced yet another masterfully opportunistic marketing ploy that can only be compromised if the points made by the WTS informational directive are scrutinized by a competently knowledgeable individual. And the corporation knows theres only very few available who can do that and who actually care.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I had an elder mention this letter with great awe, like it was an inspired revelation or something, and he was quite put out when I told him the example of the two hot teenagers was really stupid and just minimized and trivialized the subject of child abuse. No, they won't get it, but if I know where they're passing these out I'll be glad to make a copy of the pedophile profile of this 15-year-old offender that I pulled off the Texas Department of Corrections and pass it out too. He's currently basking in the approval and love of the Plano Preston Park congregation, unlike his 4-year-old victim (oh, yeah, like that can possibly be compared to the teenagers in their statement). I agree that people who know what abusers are like will recognize this for the dribble it is, but unfortunately a lot of guileless ones will be taken in.

Anybody a fan of "Bloom County" of many years ago? There was a segment where Bill the Cat joined a cult and Opus the penguin went with the rescue team. He heard what the cult believed and got a vacant look on his face and said, "it is a frighteningly seductive philosophy." Alas, there are a few million people in this world who agree with that.

Nina

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Flip, the people who we were discussing this with at lunch are not and have never been JWs. Just young (20's) people that pointed out the 2 witness idea and thought that sucked. Also the example of the teens was terrible.

I think people with enough brains in their head to live a normal life (not institutionalize) will get the point rather quickly that the WTBTS is blowing hot air. They (the people we were talking with) were shocked at the things the wtbts said. And they said, "they (wtbts) had the nerve to quote the bible!"

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

After I puked I again read the channel nine program transcripts from Australia. I e-mailed the transcripts to all my non-JW friends. I am fairly angry now and have to go off-line before I break something.

TT

• Eric
    Eric

>IDEA<

If the Governing Body mean what they are saying with this really swell new policy, wouldn't they act immediately to turn over all of THEIR files pertaining to states that require reporting forthwith?

After all, it IS what they say is THEIR new policy. Surely they do not expect local BOE's to follow a policy from which they would consider themselves exempt?

I would love to see a reporter, armed with the WBTS's official policy ask a JW PR flack like J.R. Brown when the WBTS headquarters will follow its own procedure and provide police or other authorized investigative bodies with information on perpetrators of child abuse that they already have.

According to their own policy, in states that require reporting, they have to get on with it, don't they?

Eric

• Flip
    Flip
    They (the people we were talking with) were shocked at the things the wtbts said. And they said, "they (wtbts) had the nerve to quote the bible!"

Joy, Im interested to know, did you hand the roll of Watchtower Charmin to them and allow them to read and comment without previously influencing their thought process?

And of those reading the WTBTS infomercial, how astute were they as critical thinkers, in your opinion?

Thanks Joy,

Flip

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

I do not give a fuck what the WT ORG thinks or doesnt think about rape / moledstation and or rape I only care about what I QUEENIE aka LINDA LOU KERSEY thinks as that is gold in my books or newsletter...I just wonder was my stroke was cuz I figured out that Brother Ayers my ex-husband also a decd pervert who took his neice SUSY to the park with my baby LISA and SUZYs daughter Crissy and my LISA have different mother's and the SAME daddy--3 guesses and the first do not count---so much for having a book study out of the GREAT TEACHER BOOK chaptr OBEDIENCE PROTECTS US was a good one...THE ONES WHO ATTENDED WERE ROBERT / SUSY and LISA at least 2 times without me to be around to well you guys kow where I am going with this one...shit he even counted it on his time slip...NOW I must put my mind on something else...I lov all you guys but I LOVE MY LISA most of all and of course Mamie kitty too she is our daily ray of sunshine.FOR the puks take pepto-bismo it helps a little...((((((HUGS)))) I have spent a few hours hugging the toilet puking my guts outreliving being with him fr 10 long years as Sister and wife to THAT...but he is dead and now I sleep alone !!!!

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Flip, I don't think we influenced them, but who knows. We didn't voice our opinions until we heard what they had to say. One gal used to be a Seventh Day Adventist who is also a RN now. They others were ex-marines or ex-army with some college education. So I viewed them as "average" young people. I think they were pretty astute.

Don't know if this will answer your question, Flip.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Expatbrit,

If he is not repentant, he will not be permitted to remain a member of the congregation.

Cf the 1988 letter stating that molestors are notrious re-offenders. Sure, a few extra hours in field service checking out householder's kids will really demonstrate repentance!

You are so on target it is about to make me puke too.

Jst2laws

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit