JW Org Flags at R.C.

by ToesUp 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Photo was posted on JW-archive. J.W.org flags flying at the 2015 R.C. In Fribourg, Switzerland.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Well that's a new one!
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Are you F****ing kidding me?!?!? 😳

DD

• DATA-DOG
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

I thought the WBT$ published an article about flags once....I don't remember if being positive about them either!

Salute the flag kids!

• The_Doctor10
    The_Doctor10
    Already seen the retort, "We don't worship our flags, they're just advertisements." Let the JW rationale begin.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    We don't worship the Governing Body, they're just God's "Visible" representatives.
  • Listener
    Listener

Watchtower 56 10/1

<<

That such devotion to the flag should be customary is not at all surprising in view of the fact that “early flags were almost purely of religious character,” according to The Encyclopædia Britannica. That authority and others show the development of flags. In the hope of assuring victory pagan soldiers at first carried their idols and carved images with them into battle. Then they made miniatures of their carved idols, which they placed on the end of staffs. Later they painted representations of their idols on cloth and fastened these to the staffs. Thus is seen the evolution from carved idols to modern flags.>>

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

I guess it's the apostates that don't worship idols

Image result for pic of 3 hebrews and idol in babylon

• millie210
    millie210

I swear, since I left this whole religion has gone to pot....

:blush:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit