July Broadcast Scriptural Error- FDS/Helper Fail.

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Brother Anthony Morris has made a critical scriptural error in the July Broadcast. He has inadvertently moved the timing of the beginning of the last days to the future. This kind of scriptural error is the direct result of superficial Bible reading. He is poorly educated in Bible research. This from a man who claims to be of the anointed and demands that all Jehovah's Witnesses follow his "suggestions" on all things spiritual.

In his July Broadcast brother Morris addresses the topic of persecution. He asks his audience (at about 9:20) to read Luke 21:12-19, but first before actually reading the scripture he said this:

"We might mention that here Jesus was not referring to what would happen back then in the first century, this was a prophecy about the future. He was describing what would transpire now before the the end of the evil system under Satan’s control." (emphasis added)

Then he reads Luke 21:12,

“But before all these things happen, people will lay their hands on you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and governors for the sake of my name." (emphasis added)

Brother Morris has forgotten the first rule of understanding the Bible- CONTEXT!

What are "all these things" referred to in verse 12? All the things which the persecution would precede? Brother Morris, read it carefully again: "But before all these things happen..."

The "things" Jesus was referring to are the things he had just spoken of: (verses 9-11)

"Furthermore, when you hear of wars and disturbances, do not be terrified. For these things must take place first, but the end will not occur immediately.” Then he said to them: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs."

Then Jesus went on to say: "But before all these things happen, people will lay their hands on you and persecute you, handing you over to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and governors for the sake of my name."

According to Luke 21, first comes the persecution then the wars, earthquakes, food shortages, fearful sights etc.

But Brother Morris says: "We might mention that here Jesus was not referring to what would happen back then in the first century, this was a prophecy about the future. He was describing what would transpire now before the the end of the evil system under Satan’s control." (emphasis added)

If you are correct, Brother Morris, if the persecution Jesus described is to happen "now" before the end of the system then what Jesus said in the previous verses: “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be great earthquakes, and in one place after another food shortages and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and from heaven great signs" is YET IN THE FUTURE because the persecution occurs, first, before all these things!

Your poor Bible reading skills have inadvertently moved the signs of the time of the end into the future. What else have you misunderstood? Time will tell.

Just keep broadcasting.

Frank

• sir82
    sir82

These dimbulbs just make it up as they go along.

"Context? We don't need no stinkin' context...."

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Awesome find! Maybe I can use this when my wife and I watch the broadcast. Thanks!
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Thanks for that. It's fascinating to read the ........oh so many mis-takes that these people rattle off. They sound like the gibbering, nattering idiots that I read about somewhere in the bible.

Wish I could remember that scripture now.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    The drivel is rapidly worsening. No wonder so many J.W.'s are tuning out mentally - if not physically departing!
  • Splash
    Splash
    JWs only care what the GB say, the Bible is an also ran.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

ha, well spotted.

Eden

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

While context is king, as usual, sadly, the Luke account and the Matthew account contradict each other.

Matt 24:8-10:

For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
    9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another.

So, which one is to be relied on? I don't know, but I would put emphasis on this part of Luke's account:

Luke 1:1-3:

Seeing that many have undertaken to compile an account of the facts that are given full credence among us, 2 just as these were handed down to us by those who from the beginning were eyewitnesses and attendants of the message, 3 I resolved also, because I have traced all things from the start with accuracy, to write them to you in logical order, most excellent The·ophʹi·lus, 4 so that you may know fully the certainty of the things that you have been taught orally

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Anyone who has carefully read and compared the accounts would see that at significant points they do not match up. But sadly, Anthony Morris, not being a good Bible student, chose the wrong account to highlight.

Why those differences exist should be crystal clear to the 7 men who are leading Jehovah's Witnesses to their spiritual doom...but then again maybe not.

The Governing Body and most of their Helpers are truly Biblical illiterates. They do not have God's spirit.

Frank

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Id assume the majority of those listening to it wont catch it, [or much of anything] wont remember much of what was said, and never talk about it or repeat it. i can see my parents siting there clueless was to what is being said. the glitz and the glam distract them, they are just so tickled they have 'their' own channel they cant think strait. ooo how amazing, got to keep up with the times, lol, like they always have? oo how cute cartoons... [barf] and I say to my mom, its nothing less than tv evangelism. she cant see it.

the easy way to 'accept' the nonsense spewing forth from the tv is to not have enough thinking ability to see through it children are clueless the elderly are clueless, and the others in between are to bust and stressed to care.

it doesn't sink in anyway. you sit there listen and pretend you know whats being said, while having not a damn clue what any of it has to do with Jesus teachings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit