'Jehovah & Son' Comic Strip

by Mister Biggs 20 Replies latest social humour

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier

You gotta tell me how to clear-up the smudges around my words. Any advice?

Mr. Biggs, the smudges are caused by saving in jpeg format with quality set too low. jpeg compression is a "lossy" format, and any sharp contrasts between dark and light (such as black text on a white background) will have pixels around the border in various shades between the two colors -- gray, in this case. I presume you made the images as bitmaps originally, then converted to jpegs. See if there's an option for "Quality" in the file save dialog. If so, set it to 100% or close to it, and the smudges will stop. The files will be somewhat larger, but that's the trade-off. When using jpeg format for, say, a color photograph, you can get away with setting the quality much lower.

Robert Frazier

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Robert-

Thanks for the advice and I will try it now. Check back later to see if I got it right. If not, I may summons you for help!

Brian.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Mr. Biggs,

Yes, that's me. I just got a little tired of Betty. But she will probably be back.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Dutchie- Nice photo! You look better than the 'Boop'....not that there's anything wrong with the 'Boop'.

Robert- I tried to figure it out but thus far I haven't been succesful. :o(

• SYN
    SYN

Biggs, are you using Photoshop? If so I can send you screen shots of the appropriate dialogs...

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

SYN-

I'm at work and we have Microsoft Photo Editor. Maybe I can try something from my home PC.

PS...Great spoof! CTR with a bandanna. LOL!

• Quotes
    Quotes

{to be read with Butthead voice}

"This is the cooler than anything that was ever cool before"

VERY FUNNY! GOOD JOB!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Thanks, Quotes. And I always enjoy your posts!

• ugg
    ugg

"APPLAUSE" "APPLAUSE" i just love humor and comedy,,,,this is great,,,hahahahahahahahaha

• Funchback
    Funchback

Thanks, ugg.

It's time to make some more. Keep your eyes peeled!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit