A difficult yet necessary decision

by Brother Jeramy 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Very poignant & condemnatory experience!

You said - And so I have decided to formally leave my congregation, and to disassociate. It will happen soon, but I need to first write what I need to write.

Why play by the wolves' rules? They won't give a hoot about what you write - you won't make any points to such twisted minds! Just walk away, and refuse to meet any of them to discuss your absence.

My very best wishes for your new and better life!

• jws
    jws

Unfortunately for this young man, his disappearing will solidify everybody's opinion of him. From the BOE to average publishers. He disappeared, so he wasn't sincere. In their opinion. If he decides to try again, he will have to try harder than ever.

It's better that both of you are out. This isn't the true religion.

I like that you want to write a letter. You may shake them up. You may give them something that bothers their conscience. They are mostly following orders, but may not personally agree with them. They may eventually quit. Or more likely the WBTS might eventually win.

While that's admirable, that will mean you lose your friends. Fading is better if you care about that. They will be cautious, but still might talk to you.

Best of luck to you in the road ahead.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Hi Jeramy,

I can identify with what you saw and it is painful to watch. I have recently been shunned by my family for associating with a relative who was disfellowshipped a long time ago but that lead a clean and upstanding life even though he's not a JW, which many seem to think is an impossibility. It only takes one act outside the bounds of what they set for you and boom, you're dead to them. They view people as throwaway objects, even when those ones want to come back.

Jeramy, I know from some pm's that you highly value your "family" of brothers and sisters. I would advise you to take a few months to get past this before making a decision that would cut you off completely from people that you seemed to hold dear. Your "family" is highly dysfunctional in areas, and although for me that dysfunction leads me to stay away from the toxicity, maybe for you it isn't as toxic and it gives something to you even if you aren't a staunch JW supporter anymore. I've mulled over disassociation as well, and honestly don't have anything to lose at this point that would affect me today, but I look down the line toward the future and know that if someday down the road a family member were to awaken somewhat that disassociation might be a hindrance to them reaching out. So, you have to decide if you want to put that wall up. Once it is up it can't be taken down easily. You can't un-ring a bell. Once it's done, it's done.

I wish you peace, though I know it is hard to find when faith (whether in God, a religion, or certain people) gets shattered.

• done4good
    done4good

Good on you, Brother Jeramy! Don't apologize for anything.

I really do not see how anyone could remain in after they experience the judicial process, or any aftermath of it. The judicial process and what stems from it really sheds light on this evil cult. It brings out the absolute worst possible behaviors in human beings, (the elders and any who willfully obey the shunning rules), even those who are genuinely good people. The organization and its anti-social policies dehumanizes people.

I knew I was d4g after I went through it 10 years ago, and I avoided being DF'd.

d4g

• poopie
    poopie
    Ok my 2cents call the service department at bethel tell them the entire story do not add or take away anything then ask them do they feel this is loveing arangment
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Yes! Poopie has a good point. I usually wouldn't agree with calling bethel, but in your case it makes perfect sense. You can even say your name and cong., since you sound ready for the repercussions.
  • Listener
    Listener

Brother Jeremy, as you know it will be a difficult road ahead of you but your compassion for other people has already set you on the right path. It's the kind of passion I see in "JW Struggle", an ex elder, who has a channel on Youtube. He makes himself available to anyone seeking advice and strengthening, so feel free to contact him if you wish.

We are lucky to have the support that surrounds us and I admire the support that you are showing to this young fellow.

• zeb
    zeb

summary.

A veritable example yet again of elders/wt on power trips. The lady refers to the prodigal son and his acceptance but such an acceptance would not give elders or their gossipy informants the power they assume to hold.

first video.

• elders running on gossip but
    • the husbands domestic violence sidestepped.

BJ. Find that young guy and take him fishing.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

One of the very best ways to leave is to move out of the area, preferably out of the circuit and district. Just say goodbye to everyone and go. Don't DA. Don't make a ruckus. Just go. They will tell you to have the new KH request your publisher card. Just say OK - and then never do it. Be sure to change your phone number and get an unlisted number. They will try for a few weeks and then just give up. Try to move far enough away that you won't bump into any of them very often. If you do, just assure them that you are doing fine, but have been very busy and haven't had time to deal with everything.

Remember that the old congregation really didn't give a damn while you were there. So after you've been gone a while, they will give even less of a damn.

JV

• coalize
    coalize
    One of the very best ways to leave is to move out of the area, preferably out of the circuit and district.

If not the best... When it's possible of course!

It's exactly the one I used to fade away. To find a Job in Paris, far from the congregation of my parents and far from the congregation of my university!

Never seen an elder since I faded!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit