A difficult yet necessary decision

by Brother Jeramy 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gulf Coaster
    Gulf Coaster
    umbertoecho: An acquaintance of mine was re instated within months. Her father is an elder. I always wondered about that. She has been reproved time after time since then.

Wondered about what? That as an elder's kid, they're special snowflakes who get away with more than the riff-raff? Yup. I saw that hypocrisy time and time again in my KH. That was one thing of many things that convinced me it was a corrupt and rotten mob and got me firmly on the path of getting the hell out.

• steve2
    steve2
    The words the organization utter's sound warm and kind, the actions the very opposite.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

No apology needed Brother Jeramy for calling my well thought out rant ‘blathering’ !

Blathering is an approved word on this forum in fact......... it happens quite often. We all blather from time to time.

As to your opening statement I'm sorry you experienced this situation. My wife and I faded but only after an intense period of discussions with various long term friends in the two congregations I grew up in, trying to make up our minds if we were ready to break the connection, Blood and Armageddon were our two issues......this was back in the mid 1960's.

We faded.....turned out it was the right decision for us. But one goes from being a golden boy/couple (pioneers where the need was great) to nobody as soon as it is perceived that you no longer agree with everything WTBTS wise.

Perhaps like you......... the care and treatment of our fellow JW's was one of the most important aspect of our beliefs.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Sorry for all involved. You have to be true to yourself and I'm sure you know the consequences that you'll face. But, at the end of the day, we all have to make our own choices.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Jeramy,

No apology needed. I was a JW apologist for quite a while online. WAY more than most. I had many an arguement, and even though mostly kind, I now with the benefit of hindsight see some of my arrogance and lack of compassion or empathy.

My humble suggestion is to sit a while with your decision to DA. Your new mind set is barely evolving. I am not an advocate of it to begin with, but your disappointment is fresh. I really feel for your buddy here too. Disfellowshipping is a mess. The random time periods, the broad stroke of what makes someone qualify for it under the terms "wicked" or "evildoer". Its waking up a lot of people. You can't preach forgiveness, and kindness, and outreach, and ten tell the repentant guy he needs to sit his ass down for a few more months so you can see what you feel you need to see.

Feel free to PM me. Our journeys sound similar, and my wife recently left due to matters of conscience related to the unjust treatment of the disfellowshipped.

• Ding
    Ding

I recommend that you set aside all the WT literature and simply read through Romans and Galatians in a non-NWT Bible of your choice.

I think you will see how different biblical Christianity is from the legalistic system of the Watchtower Society.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Thanks for sharing the situation Brother Jeramy. You honest to goodness tried your best to be loyal to "the family". I applaud you for that. I remember some of your previous posts made me feel sad that I wasn't trying to help from the inside as well. I love my estranged JW family, but they are just too toxic and brain-washed to deal with right now.

This dysfunctional JW family needs to be educated. It's leaders need to have their day of reckoning soon. I'm sure whatever choice you make in the coming weeks or months will be the right one for you. this stupid religion is pushing the best members of its flock right out of the pasture. Their loss, not ours.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Congratulations and good luck. A toast to you.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes it is truly heartbreaking to witness "the loving brotherhood" in action.

They decide if a person is repentant. They decide what's in someone's heart.

These men also allow pedophiles to walk amongst the congregations with barely a nudge nudge wink wink.

Your young man is better off without them and so are you.

Walk away, shake the dust off your feet and get on with your life.

Congatulations and welcome to the human race.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Please reconsider DAing...this is playing by thier rules. Fading is the best option.

I agree with Londo.

Just Quit. No need to comply with their rules to write a formal letter to DA. That makes it EASY for them.

As Nike says: Just Say NO! -- Don't go.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit