Candace Conti Settles

by Nitty-Gritty 204 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Nittygritty, "your hero" exactly what and who are you trying to defend? Are you possibly a pedophile yourself taking sides with criminals? It's pretty disgusting what you stated, and I'm glad as hell I'm not in the same group you associate with.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing a few hours ago. Either nitty gritty is guilty of some action and wants to hide it. Or, this person is totally cut off from the basics of what is right and wrong. Either way, it is a relief to think that NGrit is not in a position to change or have an effect on policies. There is an incredible lack of compassion or willingness to protect children past or present in his/her comments.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

it shows how irresponsible they have become in recent years . And how they try to hide and cover their own legal ass to the detriment of child abuse victims.- Flipper

How?

Maybe you should explain how to the DA or to the Attorney General and see what they tell you? Then get back to us on what they tell you. I will wait for your post on their reply to you.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    Fisherman-
    How?
    Maybe you should explain how to the DA or to the Attorney General and see what they tell you? Then get back to us on what they tell you. I will wait for your post on their reply to you.

The Watchtower and its corporations can NEVER be tried in a criminal court so the DA cannot bring a case against them. It matters not what the DA says. Watchtower is a corporation and can only be punished via monetary fines/damages.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Why are you JW apologists such heartless assholes? Seriously?? Does that make you "true Christians"??? Do you feel good and sleep well, knowing that Jesus' "brothers" have an army of lawyers that protect the corporation while kids are molested?

If there is a soul, you lost yours. If there is a God, I feel sorry for you and your religious leaders, because you have much to answer for.

DD

• flipper
    flipper
    FISHERMAN- Just read the link to the letter yourself that I posted of the 2012 WT Society letter to the elders and figure it out. You seem to be an intelligent guy who thinks he knows it all. No one needs to hold your hand here junior. Read the letter and weep
  • Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

Silentlambs has a list of towns where alleged Jehovah's Witness sex offenders were reported to silentlambs. My town was on the list.

Yesterday I wrote to silentlambs:
    "I was looking at the list of cities where alleged sexoffenders were reported to silentlambs to see if anyone was reported in my town. I would like to know why there are no names? It would be more helpful if one could actually know who these sex offenders are. "

This is the answer I got:
    "Thank you for writing Silentlambs and we hope the list is helpful. The reason names are not used is due to legal reasons. I some cases the molester was not convicted for various reasons, in others investigations
    were underway. In many cases allegations are hard to prove but that does not mean that they are not true. If we published every random name we were given it could cause litigation issues or perhaps impede a police
    investigation. For those reasons we simply list the community to help the public and members to be aware".

Frankly, the list was not helpful at all. Knowing there are child molesters in my town, how does that supposed to help me? I already am aware of the problem of child molesters from the many articles the WT has written about this subject, and also how to protect my children. (yes, I am a mother).

Now you tell me, if Bill Bowen won't disclose the names of these child molesters,(although he knows them) for the reasons he specifies, then why can you not understand that the WT does not disclose the names for the very same reasons?

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter

so nitty-gritty, you're a mother in a congregation with (maybe) a pedophile and they're putting your children at risk by not telling you...and you're ok with that?

• azor
    azor
    @ nitty. Why are you on this forum? What are you getting out of it? If you are still a jw in mind and heart you are already breaking your leaders rules.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

I agree you can't disclose names unless it has been proven, so Silent Lambs is correct in not listing names, but what about where there has been a conviction, or a confession? Silent Lambs does disclose names when they are in the media, but does the Watchtower? It seems that the Watchtower is more interested in protecting themselves from litigation than the innocent children in the congregations.

The other problem I have is that they aren't truly keeping things confidential. All the elders in a congregation often do know when there is a pedophile accusation, so they can protect their children. If they cannot disclose the names of the accused, they could disclose that there have been accusations and that parents need to be careful, then all children could be protected, not just elders families.

What also bothers me about the list is that the Watchtower pretends it doesn't have a problem with pedophiles, or if they do its very rare, almost none, etc. Thus individuals are living with a false sense of security, as they have been told time and again that they live in a "spiritual paradise". If the Watchtower was honest and open about how many accusations of sex abuse are made in a given year I would guess that parents would be quite a bit more diligent in who their children visit.

• Nitty-Gritty
    Nitty-Gritty

@MarkSutter

Nobody is putting my children at risk. The only person that could be putting my children at risk would be me or my husband by not keeping our children close, and/or by allowing them to be alone with someone. The KH is open to the public, anyone can come and go. There are (maybe) pedophiles everywhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit