Candace Conti Settles

by Nitty-Gritty 204 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You don't usually see woman so callous and apathetic but I guess thats what mental indoctrination (brainwashing) of a religious cult can do to people, that too is another harmful danger to humanity ..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The discussion I was having was about a young man (teenager?)

who had (I hope) molested someone one time......Nitty-Gritty

....Image result for evil thoughts

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Nitty,

I think there is a reasonable slice in between the point you are trying to make and others points. I don't thnk its reasonable for you to think that Candice Condi is lying about being molested, and that the JW's involved are telling the truth. Nor is its accurate vice versa. I think everyone here believes they are telling the truth.

this type of crime is in fact a societal issue. I don't think the point of people here is to suggest there are somehow more molester JW's that the normal % of the population (unless you are more likely to be a molester if uneducated.......couldn't help myself).

The overall point here is that when you purposely live in the bubble, and give untrained people the ability to influence lives so deeply, then you tend to be disconnected from the evil that associate with you own faith, since it doesn't fit your world view. Its documented more than a few times that elders have places what they felt was the fear of reproach, against the welfare of children. THAT is the issue. Kendrick should not have been in service, elders should have background checks, and police should be called if there is an accusation.

End of story. Anything else is not in the interest of protecting the children.

My point is, just because someone molests a younger person once (as in the instance you mention) does not automatically mean they become a pedophile or predator.

And here is where it is interesting. You already know statistically that this is in fact usually not the case. People with a taste for this level of unnatural sexual contact, usually try it again. This is well established. That being said, if you are arguing for the minority (those that don't), then so be it.

So you could plug other crimes into your sentence and it gets tricky. If you beat your wife....are you a wife beater if it only happened once? Is the "second time" the thing that makes it ok to call you an abusive spouse? If you murder someone one time are you a murderer? You have taken a life. You most certainly are a murderer. You are always looked at to some degree as a murderer, and even if released will always be treated by society as such. But......this is the cost for taking life.

I tend to think of molestation the same way. You are taking innocence, if not exactly life itself. And when you do that, you should be condemned, registered, and others protected from you....until you die. that is the degree of punishment that fits the bill.

So I am not certain of your overall point. If it is to point CC as some sort of money grubber......I can assure you she was offered money MUCH earlier in the case. What you are selling just doesn't jive. Nor do I think she should win the peace prize. But from the perspective of most here, she showed courage against an unlimited resource highly corporate entity that uses the first amendment as both a shield and a sword when it suits them, all the while calling the document that produced it part of Satans world.

You just can't make this level of irony up.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Nitty-Gritty Candace did win her case on June 17 2012 the first time the WT lost in open court on child molestation as they had settled in secrete out of court previously.

Candi did change the policy of the Society. please note that She won her case on June 17 2012. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/us/28-million-awarded-in-jehovahs-witnesses-abuse-case.html?_r=0

Ms. Conti also said in her lawsuit that the Christian denomination’s national leaders formed a policy in 1989 that instructed the church’s elders to keep child sex abuse accusations secret. Congregation elders followed that policy when Mr. Kendrick was convicted in 1994 of misdemeanor child molestation in Alameda County, according to Mr. Simons."

On Oct 1 2012 The society sent a letter to the Body of Elder's informing them that their Child abuse policy had changed....and that they should destroy all previous letters and any copies. This is the letter they sent:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1659654-jehovah

In Summation the guilt of the Society was proven in open court, a judgement was finally arrived at as well a a dollar amount. The Society appealed the final judgement and lost that. Facing more publicity and expenses the Society offered a settlement which was accepted. The court record is not sealed so the proceedings can be reviewed by one and all.

The Society lost and it will be losing over and over again as more cases are filed.

Kendricks apparently was more of a toucher then a rapist as an 8 month jail sentence seems to apply. However in terms of other JW pedophiles who repeatedly raped minors due to the permissive and protective nature of the Societies polices out of court settlements and those who want to go on the record will be very destructive to the WT's stature and pocketbook.

Eventually like the Catholic church found out.........credibility is lost and believer's stop believing that their religion is totally innocent.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Giordano - "...credibility is lost and believer's stop believing that their religion is totally innocent."

Important to remember.

In the Information Age, credibility is everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit