What Road Would You Choose---IF?

by John Aquila 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cangie
    Cangie

If I knew at 15 what I know now, I would have never gotten baptized---which I did at 17. I would have gone to college and become a Social Worker, at the minimum with a Masters degree. I knew at a very young age that it was what I wanted to do. Instead, (with no degree, of course) the best I could do was work as a Counselor and Trainer at hospitals and nonprofit agencies. It was mostly satisfying work and my income was livable. I married at 19, but I would not have done so until around 30, and certainly not to the JW husband that I later divorced.

I wasted a lot of years as a JW, a lot of them just "passing time" and not accomplishing many of the things that I wanted to do. I'm now retired, with regrets of my losses, so I encourage you who still have the time to do so...to pursue your dreams while you can.

• kaik
    kaik

I would not change much because I generally have successful corporate career and I have earned a good education. However, I would change different path to it. I would not waste a time on my undergrad in my field, and later I had to go through various graduate courses and certifications to fill my gaps. It was just too expensive and time consuming.

If I knew my biological father would die in my teens, I would probably spent more time with him, as he left us due my mom became JW and he did not. I barely know much what he liked and what were his dreams/aspirations. I could hike, ski, mountain climb with him in my 15th birthday instead spending my teens years in KH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit