Saintbertholdt

Ignore comment: Posted in wrong thread :(

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    SB,....wrong thread!! :)
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Faye,

Oh f*ck sorry :) Where the hell is that thread now?

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Lol. Down the page about 3!
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Are you suggesting that we would know then what we know now...? If so im inventing the internet and google and buying tons apple stock.

If its just asking what we think we would would have done if we didnt have the cult.... Im not actually sure my life would be better.

• blondie
    blondie

Let's see, choose between

a pedophile non-jw father

or

an alcoholic/pill using jw mother

Not much of a choice....

My father did offer to pay my university tuition if I came to live with him...too high a price? I think so.

Abandon my siblings to my alcoholic mother...no, as the oldest I protected them the best I could, all employed and productive working their own way through the abuse

I would have had to stick around until graduation (3 more years of both types of abuse), move away and finance my own schooling, change my name, reform my past?

The WTS philosophy was the least of my challenges and obstacles. Even by 18 I formed my own rules and was not a lapdog to the elders, but smart enough to conceal it. Elders may pretend to read minds, but I know they can't..

Wishing away the past is useless, focusing on the present and making concrete plans is better.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

That's true blondie. I WISH I didn't want to wish away certain parts of the past, but there are a few mistakes I really wish I could undo.

But all we can really do is try to be the best person we can be right now.

I'm so sorry your parents were like that.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Morpheus 34 minutes ago

Are you suggesting that we would know then what we know now...? If so im inventing the internet and google and buying tons apple stock.

LOL Morpheus, I guess you win.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    blondie

Let's see, choose between -a pedophile non-jw father

Or - an alcoholic/pill using jw mother

Not much of a choice... The WTS philosophy was the least of my challenges and obstacles.

Even by 18 I formed my own rules and was not a lapdog to the elders

I’m sorry for the situation you had to deal with, but you seem to have dealt with it pretty good.

The reason I started this OP this morning is because last night I was talking to an old friend from my former KH. He is in his mid or late-20s. Before he became a JW- at the age of 15, he jumped from his trampoline to his swimming pool and broke his neck and injured his spine. He became a quadriplegic at the age of 15.

That is the “Only” reason he became a JW,-the paradise earth that will restore him. And for him it is the best thing to be a JW because he is an elder and they use him and everyone cares for him. I never discuss ttatt with him.

But that’s what we talked about last night. He said all he dreams about every night when he goes to sleep is going back and not jumping on that trampoline and having a normal life. He said that comforts him and he always looks forward to dreaming about those days.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    I met my wife as a JW. We are out together, and our children are amazing. If I went back and changed anything, I wouldn't have that. So as much as it sucks, I wouldn't change anything at all if it meant missing out on the people i love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit