pissed off my wife today at the assembly..I asked her why the bozo GB member lett has a pinky ring.

by goingthruthemotions 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

goingthruthemotions:

let's see how i piss her off tomorrow.

Wear some tight pants.

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    I would try a different tactic. just talk about getting one yourself, get a ring catalog. Maybe they have a gold one with a JW.org on it, maybe one with a golden calf. ask your wife your "friends" if it would look good on you. Make sure you show it off and if someone says anything tell them Stephen has one.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

@goigthroughthemotions

I agree with you on the pinky ring thing.

Moreover I brazenly throw a fart @Nicolau's general direction for daring to give what I deem a most idiotic and inane word of counsel.

Let's see how i piss her off tomorrow.

Ask her if after this Convention she's still going to buy ice-cream or give the ice-cream money to buy the Lett dude a matching pinky ring for the other hand.

Why should you antagonize your wife with negative comments about the WT? Because not to do it sets the line way back, and the more so, the stronger the WT's hold will be over your life, to cramp you into paralysis.

She needs to know you love her but you hate the cult for the hypocrisy they show. Keep showing her love and affection for the person she is, not for the slave of the Gobbering Body she let's her selfbe.

Keep reminding her every time there's such an obvious show of hypocrisy like wearing pinky rings but telling kids to hand over their ice-cream money.

• fiddler
    fiddler

"Why should you antagonize your wife with negative comments about the WT? Because not to do it sets the line way back, and the more so, the stronger the WT's hold will be over your life, to cramp you into paralysis.

She needs to know you love her but you hate the cult for the hypocrisy they show. Keep showing her love and affection for the person she is, not for the slave of the Gobbering Body she let's her selfbe.

Keep reminding her every time there's such an obvious show of hypocrisy like wearing pinky rings but telling kids to hand over their ice-cream money. "

ThAT is what I meant! Thankyou oppostate for clarifying. I'm pushing 60 and believe myself to be quite 'grown up' but this thing where WE are supposed to cower to their diatribes and say Nothing just doesn't sit well with me.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I don't know why it is, but put evangelical religious leaders in front of lights and camera enough and they start wearing gaudy jewelry. Witnesses are no different apparently.

Going thru the emotions is releasing some tension, he doesn't want to be there. I really like Pete Zahuts suggestions tho. Nice! Things can be said more delicately to get their own brains thinking. Make them mad and you've just accomplished making them mad.

• steve2
    steve2

Of course you don't just sit there and take it like a pussy cat. At the same time, there's a lot to be said for how you convey your "concerns" on the hypocrisy in the organization.

No one likes to be shown to be "wrong" so perhaps ask your wife to help you understand how it is that, on the one hand, the organization prides itself on how different it is from other religions but on the other, it seems to be the same (and give examples).

People are also more likely to respond less defensively if they can see you are trying to be decent and kind.

• wozza
    wozza

nicolai

Luke 14:25-26) . . . If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own soul, he cannot be my disciple.

Yeah I'll pass on the whole 'following Christ' thing, it's just too unloving and judgemental for my liking.

From memory The WTS used to say that the word "hate" used here meant to "love less" but not being a language expert I went along with it sort of but gradually over time saw they were just interpretting alot of things to suit thier BS

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    It's ok for Stephen Lett and Anthony Morris to be judgmental, but it's not ok for you!
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Gtte, how were sat and sun for you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit