CNN Live

by Larry 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I thought all three did very well too. What though is this tape made by Bill's father to discredit him? Bill said something about the WTS intimidating him to do it. Any other posts about this?

Skipper

• Southland
    Southland

Maybe some of the old timers can answer - has there ever been this much scrutiny and negative attention on the organization?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I agree that the show was well done and all three did a great job

BUT

the JWs won't. They will see the anger and say Bill is just another trouble-making apostate.

While WE understand their anger the JWs won't. They will see it as sour grapes.

Will the world see this and wonder about just how honest and "clean" the JWs are who come to their doors.

I certainly hope so.

I rather enjoyed the earlier piece on pedophilia and the Catholic Church - good intro to see how they ARE dealing with it instead of sweeping it under the carpet. I'm sure they are rather glad the focus is now on them cleaning up the mess while the JW are still busy in hiding things

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Bill, impeccable presentation. Heidi and Amber, you guys rock . I know this stuff is not easy.

I just about lost it when the WT statement was being read, and they added the new line to the effect that victims are given special counseling. Perhaps to date, the biggest lie ever told in WT-land. And that at the tip of a mountain of lies.

I think I may get the transcripts and e-mail that statement to my witness friends and family, asking them what should be done about such bald faced lies.

• siegswife
    siegswife

The three of you did an excellent job. Your courage is inspiring!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Now six - really victims are given special counseling - shut up or else - sounds really "special" to me

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Maybe some of the old timers can answer - has there ever been this much scrutiny and negative attention on the organization?

Never, and you ain't seen nothin' yet!

Russell received a ton of bad publicity and was constantly involved in lawsuits, but it was localized.

SixofNine,

: and they added the new line to the effect that victims are given special counseling

Well, they ARE given special counseling: they are told to pray, read their Bible more and shut their mouths.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 14 August 2002 21:5:8

• Larry
    Larry

I didn't know about Bill's father - Bill was choked up when he mentioned him - Sorry about that Bill.

Chung seemed a bit nervous at the beginning of the show but mellowed out as the show progress.

Peace

• truman
    truman

It was amazing to see this piece. I am a bit of a cable news junkie, and graze among the major purveyors of this artform daily. I can't help but think back to only a little more than a year ago when I was still an unawakened witness. What would I have thought had I 'stumbled' across this news interview with Connie Chung exposing such a scandal among JWs? I surely would have felt stricken to the core to view it, and hear these very credible fellow Witnesses telling their horrendous stories. I know there are some in my local cong. who have real concern for such things. I hope they were watching.

truman

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

Great going Bill, Heidi and Amber. I liked the way Connie kept repeating "Jehovah's Witnesses" so if anyone just tuning in wouldn't assume they were speaking about the Catholic religion again (or still). Wasn't that WT letter unbelievable? What liars!

I'm curious also about this tape Bill's father made. That is so sad, Bill.

Trot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit