It's almost at 6,666.

OM

• yesidid
    yesidid

Just thought this needed airing again.

yesidid

• dismayed
    dismayed

Found this today, many thanks for your sharing your experience as I'm in the same boat. I've already had a few heated exchanges with Mrs. Dismayed, and hopefully we can reach an "elephant in the room" agreement soon.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

This is a great thread started by a great post. I agree with everything that he wrote. In my experience the most important piece of advice is to make friends outside of the JWs. Then when you leave you're not all alone and you have some moral support for when things get a little dicey.

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Most informative thread!!!

• GrandmaJones
  • Sayswho
    Sayswho

Worth reading...Thanks

Sw

• nicsfreedom
  • nicsfreedom
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

expatbrit:

I am glad this thread got bumped up. I wasn't on the board back then and you don't see many of these posters on here anymore!

The advice is still timely for those who wish to "fade" from the religion. I realize there are two schools of thought: those who want to fade and those who adamantly want to disassociate themselves. There is no right or wrong, except what is best for the individual and those closest to them. People who disassociate and criticize faders have to understand that not everybody has their circumstances or emotional makeup and cannot disassociate. Some disassociate not just because they want to leave the religion but because they want to make some kind of public statement or impact on the religion and they expect others to do likewise.

Everybody has to worry about their own unique personal circumstances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit