On The Art Of Fading

by expatbrit 110 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Wouldn't it be great to hear the stories of these faders from years ago?

Go down the list.

Many are still here (thankfully).

Many are not. Hopefully they have been able to move on with their life and leave behind all the entanglements of the WTS. Or perhaps some are still in the "fade" mode and enjoying family and friends without fear or guilt.

This is a great place.............to find.......to share.............to draw on for support..........to encourage...........and eventually .......to leave.

Doc

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Wouldn't it be great to hear the stories of these faders from years ago?

Maybe good for a life story article in the Awake.

Rub a Dub

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

My 5 year on this site is next week :)

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Snugglebunny just mentioned this previous post. I just read it and it is very good. Thought I'd bump it for others who may want some good suggestions on successfully fading.
  • freddo
    freddo
    Bump
  • millie210
    millie210

This is an incredible post.

A truly cerebral look at how to fight the Watchtower and win with minamal collateral damage and win.

I suspect they secretly love it when people go all ragey and fire off on them. It makes them look like true prophets and cements their position with still in friends and family.

Indifference is their biggest worry and concern. You would strike fear in to the hearts of the GB if you had a big enough platform and could get this post out there.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Helpful post.

G.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Excellent suggestions here on fading or even for building a new life however you left.

In time, I'm hopeful that my family will start to think for themselves, but I will not force the issue, because to do so will lead to slamming doors.

I wonder if Expatbrit is still around and if his wife eventually left?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Bump from another thread. Excellent.

My fade is in its 13th year. I was removed as an elder Dec 25, 06. My last meeting was Aug 07. Physically did not move. Changed states, circuits, congregations. But only less than 20 miles from my previous 3 congregations.

I only recently physically moved, bought a house....2 doors down. My cell # is the same. My landline (now a cell)... same. No visits. Why? $hit don't stink if you don't stir it. I would become a ..... problem.... if they ever bugged me. And they know it.

I also wonder about the OP.

Snakes (Rich)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SNAKESINTHETOWER:

Thanks for bumping this up.

I enjoy reading my old posts and I am still in agreement with the post I made eight years ago on this topic of FADING.. Although, I am glad I changed my avatar.

I hope all the posters who no longer post on here including the OP are well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit