W 15 july - members of others religions not destroyed???

by paradisebeauty 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

That's strange. I was informed by the "very in" JWs that the preaching work would start to close off soon. That the message was going to be more of a warning about not being accepted into the religion. It seems they keep changing all the time. Either that,or the explanations given by the GB are not clear.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    fukitol said:
    Even if the JW's are right and 98% of the planet's population are massacred at Armageddon, who the f*ck would want to worship a God like that? I sure as hell wouldn't.
    Satan would be the one laughing, he would be the one vindicated. He would have proved that God had to kill nearly all of the human race at Armageddon. A global genocide against his own imperfect human creation. What sort of vindication is that? Satan would've proved that Jehovah and Jesus are planetary genocidal maniacs. Didn't Jesus say he came to save the world not destroy it? God may as well just have wiped out Adam and Eve at the beginning and started again, cuz after 6,000 years he proved squat since he had to wipe them all out anyway.
    I may as well worship Pol Pot, Stalin or Hitler.

My wife and I have had discussions about this, though in a different way. Why would Jehovah send his only begotten Son, and why would that Son come to earth to die, just so that he could wipe out everyone? That makes no sense. He wants to forgive enough to go through all of those steps and heartache, but just so that he can turn around later and kill everyone? Not that those steps are to be taken lightly and to be used as an excuse to live any way that we like, but certainly they wouldn't go through all of that just to throw away well meaning humans like common trash. I've heard brothers say before that people can be sincere, but still be sincerely wrong, and be on the outside looking in when it counts. So a loving father is going to kill his kids because they searched for him and thought they found him but were wrong. Like someone else said, Jehovah doesn't desire for any to be destroyed, and there was a point made years ago that Jehovah sees us for the person we could be if we were perfect. If those things are true, then it can't be a matter of dubbage or death, being one of JWs and survive or anything else and it's curtains for you.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

English Standard Version

"So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy."-Romans 9:16

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    bemused 13 hours ago
    Any hope for atheists?

You betcha!

Try this one on for size: Proverbs 1: "26 I also, for my part, shall laugh at YOUR own disaster, I shall mock when what YOU dread comes, 27 when what YOU dread comes just like a storm, and YOUR own disaster gets here just like a storm wind, when distress and hard times come upon YOU

and this one: Proverbs 1: 28 "At that time they will keep calling me, but I shall not answer; they will keep looking for me, but they will not find me"

No need to worry if God mocks you because you are an atheist. No need to fear if you cannot find God and He does not listen to you if you cry to him for help, because you are an atheist.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I was informed by the "very in" JWs that the preaching work would start to close off soon.

I covered this in one of my posts in a previous thread. The JW preaching work has been going on for over 100 years. That is a very long time. It would seem that a generation could be given a lifespan to repent, but now that generation is almost all dead. The preaching work will not continue into another generation. All sensible biblical meanings of generation in connection with 1914 are expiring now.

• Listener
    Listener

"The preaching work would start to close off soon"

That's one good reason (excuse) for cutting down on printing.

They'll be preaching that the preaching work has stopped and not see the irony in it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

That's one good reason (excuse) for cutting down on printing.

Printing has cut down because of digital media and the internet. But that is no reason to close off preaching work.

Preaching is simply coming to an end because it was about announcing that there is a new sheriff in town. It is old news now.

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

I think anyone who has genuine faith should be very careful about putting themselves in a position of judgement on others. Matt 7:1

I like dubstepped remarks ; my view is that we are so far removed from the time of Christ, from any miracle, from any tangible prophet, the world is so secular and there is so much confusion surrounding God, that it would be unfair of God not to make things clearer before the end. So that the choice is clearer if he's going to use people's decisions now as a basis for judgement.

It's crazy to think that someone refusing a magazine on a Saturday morning because they're busy would be a basis for judging them adversely.

Its either got to become much clearer what people are saying no to, all over the world, or God will read people's hearts and make the decision. Either way I can't believe that only 1 in 1000 will live, the current ratio of jws, not 1% but 0.1%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit