when you were a JW what did you do with your fortune cookie?? LOL

by James Mixon 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• carla
    carla

My jw will not touch a fortune cookie, lol! however he will toss one to me and ask me to read it as if I find some enjoyment out of them and it is not he that wants to hear it. Weird huh? it's ok as long as he is not the one actually touching the evil cookie and silly 'fortune'. Which reminds me to buy some Lucky Charms soon to see where he is at spiritually. Yeah, that's my measurement sometimes. He never passes that one!

Too bad the kids are gone and he can't steal their Halloween , Easter and Christmas candy.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    They would be fine if you just called them random thought cookies.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    ...and it's pathetic that they didn't realize that that's what they actually were.
  • millie210
    millie210

- I used to make a great show of opening and reading the fortune cookies after we took the speaker out to dinner~ it was fun to see who went along and and who went along uncomfortably.

- My son says to add "between the sheets" to each fortune for more excitement~

- Very funny post Carla!

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

It was ok to read ours out loud as long as we read them with a sarcastic voice tone. If you read them straight you were in trouble. :)

i always found it so funny how we couldn't say 'lucky' but could say 'fortunate.' They mean exactly the same thing. You can't believe in FORTUNE COOKIES cuz of the FORTUNE. But you were allowed to say 'fortunate' not 'lucky'!

Crazy.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    One of those fortune cookies that I opened said that major changes were going to happen in my life. That was over ten years ago and I'm still waiting.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Just think about it, a damn cookie can cause so much stress among JW people.

I'm waiting for one of those cookies to tell me to play the lottery and you will win.

Village Idiot: Was Jesus Chinese? I had a friend who is Chinese and his family had

a picture of Jesus and he was Chinese. LOL

• TheListener
    TheListener
    We always read them and still do.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    James Mixon,
    "I'm waiting for one of those cookies to tell me to play the lottery and you will win."

I used to get fortune cookies that had lucky numbers on them to play the lotto.

"Village Idiot: Was Jesus Chinese? I had a friend who is Chinese and his family had a picture of Jesus and he was Chinese. LOL"

No, he was Japanese:

• Wasanelder Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit