My uncle was found DEAD this morning

by Fire Dragon 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

So very sorry to hear this, Fire Dragon. Prayers are with you.

Trot

Edited for bad typing

Edited by - Trotafox on 26 July 2002 0:41:47

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Sorry to hear your news FD....loads of hugs to you and yours. Take care.

Beck

• cellomould
    cellomould

Please accept my condolences.

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

Fire Dragon,

I'm sorry about your uncle. I hope the time spent with your family is pleasant despite the circumstances that bring you together.

Hang in there.

yrs2long

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

My deepest sympathies, FD.

What I gather from reading this board, is that shunning gets put on a back burner whenever there are 'worldly' people around. So if there is a non-JW audience, Witnesses tone the shunning down and make a good show of 'religious tolerance' <gag> <choke> Watchtower style.

Then when all the worldlies are gone from view, and life goes back to normal, the shunning goes back to full force again, sometimes even more so than before.

I spoke with someone in San Francisco, and he related this same scenario, and I have heard it over and over. Some don't play the Watchtower game tho. Some, for one example, would shake a worldly person's hand and say," it's good to see you, glad you could come, we'll have to take some time and catch up since my family hasn't been speaking to me. Why you ask? I'll explain later."

And so on. Some however, go along with the charade, trying to enjoy the facade of 'normal' family life, knowing it is just a play being put on, and preparing for the mental pain of being re-shunned.

Sometimes however, things never go back the way they were, and I hope that happens in your case.

All my hopes go with you dear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit