My uncle was found DEAD this morning

by Fire Dragon 44 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

FireDragon, you have my sincere empathy. Hope that this tragic loss will draw you and your family even closer together.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss Fire Dragon. I too know the feeling of not being able to say good-bye to a loved one. Please know you are in my thoughts. The feeling must be so hard not knowing if you will be accepted at the funeral. My wishes are you will be received with love and be able to pay respects to you uncle without feeling out of place.

I have always enjoyed this poem, may you find some peace in reading it.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush. Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

((((((((((((( Fire Dragon )))))))))))))

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((((((((((((Fire dragon)))))))))))))))))))))

I'm sorry for your loss and think the advice to be kind and loving to all at the funeral is very good. I was just reminiscing the other day about a favorite uncle of mine! He was a very warm, funny guy, who always made time to joke and play with the children at any family gatherings. He was a loving son to his widowed mother, stopping by on the way home from work to see if she needed anything. He was also an alcoholic -- but a nice drunk, never a mean one. The booze killed him, eventually. He died over 25 years ago, but I still remember him with great fondness. I hope you, too, can focus on the positives of your relationship in the days to come.

outnfree

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved uncle.
    (hugs you)

Sincerely,
    Janette

• Jesika
    Jesika

I am sorry for your loss Fire !!!!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

{{{{Fire Dragon}}}}

I am so sorry for your loss, FD. You are in my thoughts.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Fire Dragon, please accept my deepest sympathy during this difficult time for you and your family. I am happy your father included you in the family arrangements. Take care of your self and hold your head up high and be strong.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

So sorry to hear of the loss of your Uncle....I've read all the posts and you got some very good reply's and advice...Hang in there FireDragon.....CC

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

So sorry to hear about your loss. Many prayers and hugs to you and your family.

kkluv

• TR
    TR

Hey, Firedragon,

This kind of thing is rarely easy to take. Maybe the family will be closer now.

TR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit