Ozzie's Weekend Poll #12

by ozziepost 51 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Well, how's your weekend going? Here in Oz, it's almost over, and it's been a good one. Mrs Ozzie's resting on the lounge watching 60 Minutes and I'm....well, you know that, eh?

So, time for another poll. This week's topic is a little different, and it might take some thought. See how you go. Enjoy.

This week's question is:

When you were (or are) a Dub, apart from WTS publications, how many books did you have as a Dub in your personal library ?

1. None

2. 1 - 10

3. 11 - 20

4. 21 - 40

5. 41 - 50

6. 51 - 100

7. 101 - 200

8. 201 - 300

9. 301 - 500

10. 501 - 1,000

11. More than 1,000

If you would like to check up on previous polls, see this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32639&site=3

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

Edited by - ozziepost on 21 July 2002 8:3:3

Edited by - ozziepost on 21 July 2002 9:41:10

• sleepy
    sleepy

Mostly popular science.

4. 21 - 40

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I would have to say between 21 and 40 also. They include Bible based books, history books, especially on WWII, a couple math books, some classic car books, an aircraft encyclopedia etc.

Hell, you got my curiosity up, so I went and counted them. I need to adjust that number to between 51 to 100.

I like books. If any of you ever come by, I'll show you my original 1914 Hammond World Atlas.

Lew W

• Prisca
    Prisca

7. 101 - 200

I used to have alot more, but I've disposed of many books I had when I was growing up due to moving frequently.

• blondie
    blondie

#9 And it is hard to keep the numbers down. I have devoted a room to my books and computer. Nice matching book shelves all along the walls carefully divided into landscaping/gardens, languages, encyclopedias, books on depression, child abuse, alcoholism, medical, poetry/plays, piano music books (by composer), non-WTS Bibles/concordances, history, science fiction, murder mysteries, financial, dictionaries, travel, games, science, joke books. I am getting new shelves put in ceiling to floor which means I can add about 200 more books.

I have a nice comfortable chair and ottoman with a nice reading light besides a nice desk for the more serious stuff.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

12. Over 4000!

Books on most every subject, but mostly Biblical history, Health & Medicine, Cook Books (Wife), and Biographys / Autobiographys

I've also kept all my Watchtower books, not because I think they have any great value or information in them but merely as a reference. Out of their own mouth's they condemn themselves and so their own books are their worst enemy!

Current book being read: THE MAKING OF BYZANTIUM by Mark Whittow (University of California Press Berkeley 94720)

Outaservice (who when very tired has been known to look at the NATIONAL ENQUIRER)

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I thought we were going to have wine....Ozzie your wine threads are the only time I get to drink as I have an imbalance and have to stay away from all alcohol

10. 501 - 1,000 However this includes books inherited.

I'm also counting the Bound Volumes of the WT.

Books that I purchased on my own

about 3

plum

Edited by - plmkrzy on 21 July 2002 7:46:13

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Thanks guys and gals. Just a point: the question 'narrowed down' the time to "When you were a dub", i.e. how many did you have then?

Ozzie

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

#4. 21-40

All Novels Tom Clansey, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Grisham.....ect....may have over 40....but I never counted them.....No Dub books anymore......all gone...!!!!!!.............LOL

CC

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

# 7, close to 200. A lot of novels but mostly history books bought myself, while being a JW. (If I would count my mums, she is a witness! I would end up well over 1000.)

But! I did threw away some science-fantasy books when I became a witness, not al of them, but some that were clearly satanic ended up it the trash can.

Viv.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit