THE DILEMMA FACING APOSTATES

by You Know 134 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey bleep,what do you think your doing?This is You Knows thread.If you would like to post a subject start your own thread.You do not hi-jack a fellow board members thread unless you are a mannerless troll.You Know and I might not always get along but we would never do this to one another...OUTLAW

• simwitness
    simwitness
    Is that it Simiwitness? Anything else? / You Know

You Know,

Nope, just now getting back to the board.

First off, the WT is largely a pubishing company, so it is not really Jehovah's organization. Jehovah's organization, as I pointed out, is a spiritual organization.

No argument here.

Nonetheless, the Watchtower is at the center of that organization at the present time. So, in the previous thread I provided a few reasons why I think Jehovah's Witnesses are the real deal based upon the fact that we recognize Christ as our leader.

OK, so you "think" that they ar the real deal. Again, I have no problem with that, since that becomes your OPINION and is not based on anything other than your own perceptions of things. Many other organizations outside of the JW would and do say the same thing.

The question posed however, was for biblical proof that they are, and not your "thinking" on the matter. So at this point we agree on two things:

1. That "Jehovah's Organization" is a spiritual organization.

2. That you "think" that the organization known as "Jehovah's Witnesses" is the center of it. (I do not agree with this, since if Christ is our leader, he must certainly be the "center" of it.)

You did not answer the second question at all.

If Christ is your leader, how can you ignore his SPECIFIC instructions at Luke 21:8?

Secondly, you stated:

But, the apostolic warning is: "Do not believe every inspired expression, knowing that many false prophets have gone forth into the world."

And exactly how would you recognize a false prophet? How many lies does it take?

And more importantly, once you recognize an organization (any organization) as that (a false prophet) why would you stay?

You have already stated that Jehovah's Organization is a spiritual one, how can aligning oneself with an earthly organization that is blatently NOT recognizing Christ as their leader be a good thing?

Those that have already recognized that and left the "earthly organization" in favor of the "spiritual organization" are not apostates at all. As you said:

So, I believe that the final test that will come upon Jehovah's Witnesses will be the decoupling of our faith from the Watchtower organization.

So, why do you call us apostate simply because we have already "decoupled" from the Watchtower, especially considering the fact that they are mearly a "publishing corporation"?

• dubla
    dubla

sim-

OK, so you "think" that they ar the real deal. Again, I have no problem with that, since that becomes your OPINION and is not based on anything other than your own perceptions of things. Many other organizations outside of the JW would and do say the same thing.

The question posed however, was for biblical proof that they are, and not your "thinking" on the matter.

you are, as im sure you realize, asking for the impossible. yk claims to be able to back up all of his beliefs using ONLY the bible, but when push comes to shove, it is simply not possible. yk knows this, which is why he attempts to blow his smokescreen of reasonings over the issue at hand, which is namely that there is no evidence whatsoever in the bible that the wt has anything to do with gods spiritual organization.

aa

• You Know
    You Know

Simiwitness says

Again, I have no problem with that, since that becomes your OPINION and is not based on anything other than your own perceptions of things. Many other organizations outside of the JW would and do say the same thing.

No. Those are undeniable facts. No other religious organization can even come close to measuring up as regards obeying Christ.

If Christ is your leader, how can you ignore his SPECIFIC instructions at Luke 21:8?

No one is ignoring those instructions. Does the Watchtower claim to be Christ? Of course not. Furthermore you presume to know what the due time is that the false prophets would claim had approached. Obviously it is not the announcement of Christ's presence because the mere existence of the false prophets is in itself one of the evidences of Christ's presence. Christ's warning really hasn't become relevant yet, in that in Matthew Jesus' warning concerning false christs, and false prophets who claimed to know the whereabouts of Christ, has reference to what is to occur during the tribulation. So, until we get in that period and experience the sort of all out deception that will be in operation during the hysteria of war and financial collapse, we really can't appreciate how the decievers will try to convince the world that the Christ is on earth---that the due time has arrived. You are very much in error.

/ You Know

• dubla
    dubla

yk claims to be able to back up all of his beliefs using ONLY the bible, but when push comes to shove, it is simply not possible.

aa

• You Know
    You Know

yk claims to be able to back up all of his beliefs using ONLY the bible, but when push comes to shove, it is simply not possible

I answered the posters questions reasoning from the Scriptures. Obviously you have no response except to advance your own delusion that I somehow didn't answer the question. / You Know

• simwitness
    simwitness
    I answered the posters questions reasoning from the Scriptures. Obviously you have no response except to advance your own delusion that I somehow didn't answer the question. / You Know

But, you have not answered the question showing biblical SCRIPTURE as proof that the WTBS is "God's Organization" on the earth. You have only shown your "reasoning from the scriptures" that lead you to "think" that it is the "real deal".

Those are undeniable facts. No other religious organization can even come close to measuring up as regards obeying Christ.

That, is still a matter of OPINION. In fact you have even stated that

First off, the WT is largely a pubishing company, so it is not really Jehovah's organization. Jehovah's organization, as I pointed out, is a spiritual organization.

And on that, we agreed. (or I assume we did anyway).

The real "Dilemma" that you face, You Know, is now that you have admitted that

So, I believe that the final test that will come upon Jehovah's Witnesses will be the decoupling of our faith from the Watchtower organization.

You have to decide what you will do next. IF you stay, you are a hypocrite, and if you decouple, then you join us "apostates". For you, that must be one hell of a dilemma.

I will comment on your Luke 21:8 ramble a bit later.

• logan
    logan

Why the feeding frenzy? When a so called genuine JW puts up some points out comes the v itriol. We are not scared. Logic and reason will prevail. Who is the fundamentalist here?

Freedom, friends and friendship as Epicurius would say..

• You Know
    You Know

But, you have not answered the question showing biblical SCRIPTURE as proof that the WTBS is "God's Organization" on the earth. You have only shown your "reasoning from the scriptures" that lead you to "think" that it is the "real deal".

That's silly. I referred to Christ's command to put away the sword. Do I really have to cite chapter and verse? I referred to Christ's command to preach about him and his kingdom. Are you so illiterate that you cannot supply the verses for yourself?

That, is still a matter of OPINION. In fact you have even stated that

More correctly, it is a matter of faith, faith being the "demonstratble reality of things not beheld." So, from my perspective as a man of faith, Jehovah's Witnesses demonstrate convincing evidence to me that the unbeheld reality concerning them is that they are Jehovah's possession and creation.

have to decide what you will do next. IF you stay, you are a hypocrite, and if you decouple, then you join us "apostates". For you, that must be one hell of a dilemma.

No, you dodn't get it. The decoupling will occur at God's hand when the Watchtower goes face down in the mud. (See Isaiah 29:4) At that point the entire household of faith will be placed upon the horns of a dilemma. Those who have faith will make the right choice because Jehovah's angels will help them. Those who are faithless will be abandoned to destruction. So, largely our judgment then will be determined by our faith now. But, I do expect some serious funny business out of Bethel during that time. Remember, back during the 1916-1919 shake up apostates nearly got control of the Watchtower. And the Devil doesn't sleep, it may be that Jehovah may just let the Devil's agents within the organization really create some mischief going forward. I expect it. / You Know

Edited by - You Know on 23 July 2002 12:15:31

• one
    one

YK,

There is no parallel between GB and Moses

or GB and DAVID

When confronted David acknowledged his eror...

Moses "proved" he was being "directed", no mere interpretation. The open sea, the food etc

What has the GB to show as credentials?

What has been the GB's actitude when confronted with the facts?

You just trying to "rationalize anything",

Go ahead and apply for the job Freddy left vacant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit