JW protecting molesters on purpuse? Panorama!

by Dacke 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi again dacke,

so far all you have done is try to side-step everyones answers, and you are very very good at it....... you completely side-stepped my question.............. as far as why do they keep records, what ever the reason is.......they certaily are in on all the child molesting going on..... they know all about it, and are busy promoting silencing the victims, not turning the molesters in.

• lurk
    lurk

there doesnt sem to be a clear anser. i read the stuff on the officail web site . that says cases should be reported. but having a data base of so many ppl that the cops dont know about is scary ..mainly because many pedofiles work in groups , using sites on the internet etc . is the society in danger of allowing pedofile networks to opperate in side the organsiztion by not giving any reported incdents to the police.

• borgfree
    borgfree

Ok Dacke,

So that I do not take this thread into a different direction I will not give further examples.

I will say, however, that you should know I was born into the JWs, I was a firm believer for almost 54 years. You may not have any idea of all that I have seen. I don't think "paranoid" would explain my disgust and anger for the harm the WT has done to me and my family and to many others.

Borgfree

• Sirona
    Sirona

I'm not saying that if all the grown-ups the child trusts - as in friends or relatives - happen to be elders, they can't report (wait: little girl being molested trust other adult males and no-one else? likely...?)

Dacke, the comment in brackets is a bit silly. It could be a woman who is accused of abuse. Doh. Plus, the child may tell a congregation member, who then approaches the elders. How likely it is isn't relevant anyway. It happens.

But i don't think reporting single allegation to the police should be part of elder's job description. A child would approach someone because of a personal bond, not because "they're an elder". An elder in that situation should act in the capacity of that personal bond, not in the capacity of being an elder.

Oh, so I got it wrong when I thought they were supposed to be "loving shepherds". A place to run to...a rock. Now, all of a sudden elders are referred to as having a "job". They have such a position of influence and responsibility that they should either 1. be told that they always must go to the police or 2. be told that they should tell the congregation member that they must go to the police

I mean, if the Society decide to do that some day - change the elder policy in this regard - fine with me! I'm not an elder and never will I wish to become one. (But certain people on this board would probably consider me a mind-controlled freak because of it ;-) )

Blaming the policy for the elders is a waste of time and resources. I just don't think that's where the problem lies.

I'm glad you're open to a change of policy. So, where does the problem lie?

Sirona

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

policy

• Dacke
    Dacke

//sirona

where the problem lies? IMHO, rapists should be castrated.

The idea of making public any allegations, names & photos....i really don't know if that's a good idea. There are a lot of laws concerning personal data. I'm pretty confident JW make sure their policies adhere to national & international law. They said JW refuse to hand out info. Yet, they had an example of the girl's info, which they requested, and got. She must have agreed to show that card for the camera. But if she had refused, there's no way in hell they could have done that, without risking being taken to court.

The matters aren't all that easy, and i was hinting earlier at legislation concerning private data. Before slagging off JW, make sure you've got room to speak. Worldly law (including punishment for paedophilia) leaves a lot to be desired.

Also, I think some people have other reasons for critizicing JW, and jump the bandwagon. Unfortunately, they're not making the victims any favours by laughing at these misfortunes, and bring up stuff they don't like about JW that has got zip all to do with child abuse. I mean, say what you like, of course, but to try and knit it in with whatever is happening at the moment...they should have some more respect for the victims and not be so busy with their own feelings. My 2 cents worth - all self-righteous and everything.

//plmkrzy:

"Why do they have to SHUN victims for reporting the abuse to police? "

They don't "have to". Let's see if the Rugby chaps get shunned. Since I live in London, I might be able to check that out. I've got connections with a congo where a child abuse case resulted in a "brother" being jailed in NZ. I'll post something about that in a few weeks or so.

You're point is still valid - if it indeed happens, for no other reason than that there weren't any witnesses, then that's a prime example of misconduct on part of the elders.

//Berten:

"Since JW's think of themselves as being *no part* of this "Evil World",
    would you like to explain to me *why* the heck they are *so* concerned with their reputation
    in this "Evil World"? It's going to be "destroyed" anyway!"

It is EVIL.

I am SO looking forward to the DESTRUCTION!!!!

BUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRNNNNNNN!

I HATE this world. Postively hate it.

Harmageddon, TOMORROW PLEASE!

Anyway, what do you care if we care? But i kinda agree :-D because sometimes they brag a bit about their involvement with natural disasters and the like, and about how we get such good press. Personally, I couldn't care less what The World thinks.

• Dacke
    Dacke

//Sirona,

all that above wasn't aimed at you :-) , i left a margin in between there, just wanted to throw in some more thoughts, they weren't meant to any one person in particular, but it looks like i'm answering on stuff you've said that you obviously haven't, sorry about that :-/

• Dacke
    Dacke

From the BBC website:

' And if a member of the congregation is suspected or even convicted of child abuse, this fact is kept secret.

Bill Bowen, from Kentucky in the United States, resigned as an elder in 2000 in protest at this child protection policy. He told Panorama:

"These men remain anonymous to anyone outside the organisation and anyone really inside the organisation unless you are personally reporting the matter." '

(highlighted by me)

My question to Mr Bowen: Who's fault is it that convicted child molesters aren't known to the public?

• Dacke
    Dacke

//Berten:

"Where do you see them laughing? I think they are taking this matter seriously."

Check the "Panorama kicks butt" thread, & you'll get my drift.

• Dacke
    Dacke

How many are disfellowshipped from JW's because of adultery every year?

Thousands!

Because of sex with someone else but your spouse! (That would include child abuse, wouldn't it?)

How many are elders? None? Yeah, right! Elders get disfellowshipped just like everybody else. I'm sure all Witnesses who've been in the truth for a few years will know at least one elder who committed adultery & got disfellowshipped.

Which other organisation uphold such standards? And this is biblical standard we're talking about.

But they wish to hide and protect CHILD MOLESTERS? Yeah, right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit