JW protecting molesters on purpuse? Panorama!

by Dacke 36 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dacke
    Dacke

A lot of people here are laughing. I think thats disgusting.

Anyway:

"Englishman" wrote (I think):

"Hopefully this will mean that in Britain if an elder harasses you before a case comes to court, the elder can be arrested for perverting the course of justice."

- This was highlighted already in July 89 by the Society. Check out the letter at silentlambs.org. An excellent letter that shows the Societys concern with legal matters, including confidentiality of personal information, and child abuse.

" You're from Britain, aren't you? You have privacy laws, don't you? (WE DO NOT!) "

- Yes we do. Apparently, this member of the governing body of JW in the US know more about your law than you do. And more than the reporter cared to know, since she kept repeating her question like a silly cow, ignoring his answer, trying to make it look like he hadnt answered. Foul tactics that fooled only the foolish.

http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk/

- "...one of the richest religious organisations in the world"what did THAT have to do with child abuse? (It indicates JW is a profit-driven institution that has financial reasons for protecting and hiding child abusers, without having to present any tiresome facts. Clever, eh?)

• Theres no excuse if an elder, or anybody else, "advises" the parent of a (suspected) molested child not to go to the police. The letter from the Society read out at meetings recently stated very clearly that if you suspect or know that your child has been molested, you may choose to report the matter to the police, and nobody can tell you that you mustnt. If I was in that situation, I wouldn't hesitate for a MOMENT to go to the Police.

Those poor children!!!!! Child abuse is a VILE practise. And the "brother" who molested his daughter in that basement ----- WHAT A SICKO!!!

It appears from the documentary that the JWs protect and hide child abusers on purpose. If so, why do they maintain the records of the abuse cases? If they had such a policy, surely they would destroy such information? They wouldnt make a database out of it, would they?

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Dacke,

Welcome to the forum. I liked reading your slant on things.

• Theres no excuse if an elder, or anybody else, "advises" the parent of a (suspected) molested child not to go to the police.
  • I agree wholeheartedly with this. However I have a comment on your next words:

The letter from the Society read out at meetings recently stated very clearly that if you suspect or know that your child has been molested, you may choose to report the matter to the police, and nobody can tell you that you mustnt. If I was in that situation, I wouldn't hesitate for a MOMENT to go to the Police.

I have bolded the words that I have a problem with. You MAY choose. Well I say that this is where the societys policy fails in that it does not say "you must" or "you should" go to the police to protect children. In the US, some states do not require that abuse be reported by law, yet clearly from a moral standpoint abuse should ALWAYS be reported to police. The watchtower policy of choosing whether to go to the police or not allows an elder to simply choose not to report it and the abuse continues.

Strange isn't it that the only thing you must do if you hear of abuse is phone Watchtower legal dept?

It appears from the documentary that the JWs protect and hide child abusers on purpose

I didn't get that impression from the programme. It was saying that the WT policy on what to do about child abuse has failed many children. It was saying that abuse has happened and has not been reported. It was saying that the WT will not admit that it's policy has been wrong for a long, long time and that its policy has made things worse for the children abused.

Sirona

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Dacke, you said:

It appears from the documentary that the JWs protect and hide child abusers on purpose. If so, why do they maintain the records of the abuse cases? If they had such a policy, surely they would destroy such information? They wouldnt make a database out of it, would they?

If I were them, I would destroy the records, but make a database to be sent off somewhere unknown, just in case.

JW protect and hide abusers for one reason only. I was born into this organization and we were always taught not to bring reproach on Jehovah's name. If we went to the police and reported our brother we would be bringing reproach on Jehovah's name. If we took our brother to court we would be bringing reproach on Jehovah's name. Its all about protecting the reputation of the watchtower society. People don't contribute money to an organization where known criminals are allowed to afiliate.

• Dacke
    Dacke

I just wrote a mammoth post, and it got lost when i forgot to fill in my password! just as well perhaps, it was too long.

//Sirona

thank you ;-)

You think elders should report to the police? i think the victims and their parents should. the elders should only deal with congregational matters. And that is how the WT policy is outlined.

//Dutchie

"If I were them, I would destroy the records, but make a database to be sent off somewhere unknown, just in case."

Just in case of what?

"I was born into this organization and we were always taught not to bring reproach on Jehovah's name. If we went to the police and reported our brother we would be bringing reproach on Jehovah's name. If we took our brother to court we would be bringing reproach on Jehovah's name."

With all due respect - I was also brought up in the truth - there are elders that have mucked up, and parents too. But there are indeed cases where JW's have taken brothers to court, either on financial matters, or some cases of child abuse. (Recent one is Rugby, a couple of years ago in Timaru, NZ).

IMHO, if anything could be improved in JW policy, it would be to encourage brothers/sisters that are accusing someone of molesting, to go to the Police, rather than to leave it at "you may", and to make sure that elder's dont say "don't, because you will bring reproach on Jehovah's name" etc. It may increase the number of false alarms, but surely it would be worth it...?

• borgfree
    borgfree

Dacke,

Your comment:

If I was in that situation, I wouldn't hesitate for a MOMENT to go to the Police.

Makes me remember how many times I have heard a JW make that kind of a statement after the Watchtower Corporation has changed their prouncement on a matter.

I was involved in a matter once, where my daughter went to her elders for help concerning her husbands physical abuse. Nothing was done, except, she was warned not to tell her father or mother about it or action would be taken against her.

She is still a loyal JW who will now have nothing to do with me. Interesting how well mind control works.

Borgfree

• Dacke
    Dacke

On the "list" that JW "refuse" to pass on:

Here's an outtake from the privacy policy that we've agreed to when we register on this site:

"... Forums' site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under its control. Forums' servers have strict security in place to prevent an intruder from retrieving personal information about its users."

"In this electronic era, when personal information can easily be obtained through various sources, ... appreciates the sensitivity of any private information that you disclose to us. It is our intention to treat your profile information with the highest level of care."

Stored private information is a very sensitive and difficult matter!

• Sirona
    Sirona

You think elders should report to the police? i think the victims and their parents should. the elders should only deal with congregational matters. And that is how the WT policy is outlined.

I think parents of the victims should go, or the victims themselves. What about a situation where it is a family member who is abusing and the victim can't possibly approach a parent? The victim goes to the elders, often terrified, hoping for help....are you trying to say the elders should just say "oh I'm sorry little 9 year old girl, but I only deal with congregational matters"

Sirona

• berten
    berten

>A lot of people here are laughing. I think thats disgusting.

Where do you see them laughing? I think they are taking this matter seriously.

>...since she kept repeating her question like a silly cow, ignoring his answer,
    >trying to make it look like he hadnt answered.

Well,did he? How more beside the point can you get with an answer like:
    "We don't go beyond what's written"?

> "...one of the richest religious organisations in the world"what did THAT have to do
    >with child abuse? (It indicates JW is a profit-driven institution that has financial
    >reasons for protecting and hiding child abusers, without having to present any tiresome facts. >Clever, eh?)

Well,if their precious reputation gets shot to hell by this,
    don't you think there's a connection between them losing sales
    because people start seeing this boreganization (NO spelling error!)
    for what it *really* is?

>If they had such a policy, surely they would destroy such information?
    >They wouldnt make a database out of it, would they?

They would because this boreganization is also extremely anally retentive
    about facts and figures and numbers and totals and whatnot.

Answer this question for me please:

Since JW's think of themselves as being *no part* of this "Evil World",
    would you like to explain to me *why* the heck they are *so* concerned with their reputation
    in this "Evil World"? It's going to be "destroyed" anyway!

• Dacke
    Dacke

//Borgfree we're entering different territory here. Why is that? I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. She's mind-controlled, is she? By whom?
  • crawdad2
    crawdad2

hi dacke,

yes, they do hide pedophiles on purpose.

why else would a body of elders, who already had a case against a ministerial servant molesting his daughter, tell the next daughter who also came forward to complain......that she was just a liar, .......and then send her home with her abuser?

yes, the whole body of elders and brooklyn was in on it.......... it's manditory for them to call brooklyn and report it, and get advise.

they all knew about it, and were letting the ministerial servant have his sick way, without interfereing......... in fact, they were helping him, by silencing the victims.

Edited by - crawdad2 on 15 July 2002 12:25:23

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit