Nice shot sister!

by apostate 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SYN
    SYN
    There is one thing that you all seem to be missing here and that is Jehovah sees all and you cannot hide your wrong doings.

Really! So is he going to be appearing as a witness in Court? I doubt it! So what's the use of that then when children continue to be abused because of the policies of his supposes Organization?

Jehovah always brings to light those doing wrong.

Of course! Just like he brought to light the abuse of the woman on Dateline and Panorama! Oh, what a loving God!

Perhaps the programme has brought to light those who have done wrong.

The Organization should have been doing that, but they told the victims to "wait on Jehovah". See what that advice did for them!

Maybe those who have fallen away should do well to remember that we are in the last days and Jehovah is sifting out the wheat from the weeds, we are all accountale for our actions on the day of judement.

Yip, "real soon now" all those pedophiles are going to be judged! In the meantime, we must wait on Jehovah, he will take care of it! Don't try and expose this in the Congregations now, y'hear?

Instead of using your knowledge to tarnish Jehovahs name why don't you actually think about what you have learned at the meetings.

Here is an executive summary of what I learnt at the meetings:

• You may not question the Doctrine and Policies of the Society.
    • You may not wear pants if you are a woman. That would be a terrible sin against God, even though they are not mentioned anywhere in the Bible.
    • You must wear a dishcloth on your head if you are a woman in certain, well-known circumstances. For instance, when confronted by the weenus of a new-born baby boy. Delightful.
    • You will be at 5 meetings a week. We do not care about your private time.
    • You will be stupifyingly bored by our Literature.
    • You may not read very old Watchtowers and other older publications of ours.
    • You will go out in Field Service for at least 10 hours a month, just like the Apostles did.
    • You will fill in a time sheet, just like the Apostles did. If you have been naughty and didn't bother to lie on your time sheet, you will be counselled.
    • You will not ask questions during any formal study of Watchtower Literature in front of the Congregation. This is a Bad Thing.
    • You will shun people who share chromosomes with you if they don't adhere to the above Corporate Policy, even rape victims fornicators.
    • You will not tell other parents about a molestor, even if he has abused multiple children. That is slander.
    • You will pray and try and be a better wife while the Elders sit on their hands and do nothing and your children get raped by their father.
    • The above is called "Waiting on Jehovah", and is used as the solution to many problems.
    • Your leaders will respond to pointed questions about their records of pedos with "You're from Britain, right?" and "We do not go beyond the things written".
    • You will require two witnesses to a molestation in order to "convict" him. Both little children must voice their accusation in front of a much older, potentially very powerful Witness man who towers over them and makes them fear for their lives. Even then, you're not guaranteed that the person will be convicted. And Dog help you if you go to the cops before you go to the Elders!

Honestly ask yourself: Does Jehovah approve of ANY act of immorality?

Well he hasn't told me yet, so I wouldn't know!

You, yourself know that he doesn't and he makes this clearly known in the bible.

HRMPH. You are obviously not "waiting on Jehovah"!

Maybe you should re-read it for a clearer understanding.

No! You must read your Watchtowers, not your Bible! Oh, and make sure those aren't OLD Watchtowers! Wouldn't want any of that "questioning" or "independent thought" occurring now would we?

• deddaisy
    deddaisy
    Instead of using your knowledge to tarnish Jehovahs name...

Rachel,

when you think about it, wouldn't you agree that in order for a person to tarnish a name that person must represent that name? Anything else is simply exposing the tarnish...To condemn someone for exposing tarnish is rather like "shooting the messenger" isn't it? and why would anyone care to shoot the messenger, unless of course, the one doing the shooting is also the one doing the tarnishing....

my post was to expose the questionable logic of the WTS's teachings.......I have nothing against the Williams sisters, in fact I think it's great that they can make some money and have a life.....I am curious though, why the WTS does not warn the Williams sisters that the media is a tool of Satan and maybe suggest that they don't give interviews........I mean, that would be the loving thing to do since after the Dateline broadcast the WTS warned so many JWs about how Satan works through the media ....... perhaps Satan doesn't care for tennis matches?

you seem like an intelligent person, aren't you the least bit curious regarding the WTS's double standards?

Edited by - deddaisy on 15 July 2002 18:19:21

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Rachel, im sorry but Im a little confused, I thought the world already ended in 1975? Im so lost.....

• scumrat
    scumrat

Rachel: do you read THE BIBLE?????? In my 25 years as a witness not once have I ever read that Jehovah used child rapist and peodophiles to cleanse his HOLY congregation. OHHH, but wait do I see what I think I see?? Why yes, It is new light. How stupid of me, I thought I was blind!!!!

• Flip
    Flip
    "I would like to thank my God, Jehovah, for giving me the strength to compete today..." Williams

Just like steroids, isn't the use of performance enhancing deities frowned upon by sport Associations because of the unfair advantage They create?

Flip

• tdogg
    tdogg

Hey Jehovah! I want my $330,000 damnit! I did my service, my meeting parts, and I prayed. Where is my goddamn $330,000? Where were you last week when I needed that shot down at the park? We could have won that game. And what was up with the Patriots? I mean that call against the Raiders was brutal! Cost us a superbowl. Those Patriots are not even for your theocratic kingdom! I mean the Raiders might not be choir boys, but they have Tim Brown and he is a christian. I guess if I donated more money to the society maybe you would give me my $330,000 like you did for Serena.

• sisteract
    sisteract

rachel

you say we're tarnishing jehovah's name, but really when you think about it---jehovah is a big boy and can take care of himself---if anything is tarnished here, it is an organization of men who grossly misrepresent themselves to be the sole channel in serving the only true god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit