Nice shot sister!

by apostate 26 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate
    apostate

I know a couple of sisters who have been canseled by the elders for wearing a little bit to short skirt. I just wonder what Serena's elders think when they see pictures of her like this in magazines. Is she still in good standing? Can rich and famous Jehovah's Witnesses get away doing things average witnesses would be canseled for?

Can you imagine the negative publicity the Watchtower would get if they would disfellowship Serena for "Conduct not becoming of a Christian"? Can you imagine if as the result of her disfellowshipment she would suffer a nurveous brake down and she would't be able to play on professional level?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Is that a tiara that she's wearing?????

Anyway, I don't think your argument re her short tennis skirt holds much weight. It's attire that is deemed "appropriate" for the situation. Same as a swimming costume is deemed "appropriate" for beachwear, but you would never be able to walk into the KH exposing so much flesh, eh?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Oooooooh.

SS

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Is she still in good standing?? I wouldn't have thought so, isn't there a RULE about competitive sports? Unless there has been some new light since I've left...typical...I could have been a tennis champion! Maybe I should sue the WT for loss of unearned income because my talents were stifled because of the competitive sports rule!

Beck

ps...LOL@Ooooooh

Edited by - Beck_Melbourne on 15 July 2002 1:52:18

• simplesally
    simplesally

Here, locally, we have heard that the sisters are not baptized. Their mom is, they were raised in the truth, but never got baptized.

• apostate
    apostate

I don't know if they are baptized or not, but I heared them claming to be JWs. One of them even said during an interview that she feels a bit guilty for not being able to spend more time in the door-to-door work.

I seen them on TV a couple of times after vinning a game saying: "First of all I would like to thank to my God Jehovah for giving me this victory."

Mini skirt and G string is not mandatory in tennis. They can play in short. But I guess Serena sold her right to Puma to decide what she wears.

The principle is not to drive men horny. It is certanly not OK in the Kingdom Hall. Is it OK on TV while millions of guys are watching?

Sisters get in trouble with the elders if someone reports it to the congregation that they been seen dressed sexy on the street.

Edited by - Apostate on 15 July 2002 3:4:57

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    One of them even said during an interview that she feels a bit guilty for not being able to spend more time in the door-to-door work.

I seen them on TV a couple of times after vinning a game saying: "First of all I would like to thank to my God Jehovah for giving me this victory."

I haven't heard this...and I doubt that they said it...has anyone else heard this?? I don't think you heard right...its not the JW way to talk like that.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

You can almost see her balls in that photo....

Pope

• Simon
    Simon

I doubt the WT would take any action against someone 'famous' like that - they probably figure it does them good to have people they can point to as examples of how they allow people to persue sports and the like (even though they don't for the majority)

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I like your idea about sueing the WTBS for loss of "could have been" income. Let me know if you win, I am sure I will remember what my talent used to be. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit