Serena Thanks Jehovah!

by Englishman 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Just seen her do it, less than a minute ago.

Serina beat her sister Venus to win the Wimbledon women's Tennis championships a moment ago.

In front of the whole Centre Court, Sue Barker asked her for her comments over the microphone system. She answered that she was thankful to Jehovah for allowing her to win the championship.

I wonder if she'll be watching the JW paedophile expose on Panorama next Sunday?

Englishman.

Edited by - Englishman on 6 July 2002 10:57:21

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I would thank chocolate chip cookies, myself.

Isn't it amazing that Witties always talk down about players praying on the field, but this bum thanks Jeehoagie and the Witties will say, "What a nice witness to the crowd!"

• City Fan
    City Fan

Nice one Serena !!!

Wish I'd seen the look on Sue Barker's face.

• City Fan
    City Fan

Maybe she won because she'd put more hours in field service this year than her sister.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Wasn't it one of the Williams girls that caught some flack for wrapping the American flag around herself at the Olympics a few years ago? Maybe she is just trying to show repentance?

Lew W

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

She's one of the few people I know of who have gotten tangible blessings from Jehovah. She's likely the most reasonable, sincere person to speak of Jehovah that you could ever find.

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

...this bum...
    I'd be interested in what it is exactly about the young woman that earns her this loathesome appraisal?

AMNESIAN

Edited by - AMNESIAN on 6 July 2002 11:3:14

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

She is bad association...look how she dresses....and her Mothers hair....I mean if you were sitting behind her how could you see the conductor of the WT study....its a spiritual distraction!!!

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

I hear she won because she keeps taking those last minute talks! Last time I publicly thanked YHWH for anything, I got my 'privelidges' taken away, and she gets to play tennis!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

is she for real? oh yeah... "thanks, jehovah, for helping me win wimbledon! too bad about those starving kids in emerging nations though.... or danielle van dam, or that little girl from coloardo.... glad to see you have ME, serena, winning wimbledon as your top priority"

good grief!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit