Why is 'women bashing' allowed on this board?

by wholewheat 48 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

Wholewheat, You shouldn't expect some of these barnyard creatures to be house broken. It is just not reasonable. / You Know

• wholewheat
    wholewheat

professor,

You ask if I have anything constructive or interesting to bring to this forum? No I don't, as long as it isn't 'Watchtower bashing' and the belittling of other posters(D8TA was the exception, I have to admit). Are there guidelines as to what a person should post that could be defined as constructive or interesting? As one of Jehovah's witnesses I am probably making a mistake coming on this board, as it will most surely in time shipwreck my faith. I think there are many ex-JWs that have the wrong impression of some of the JWs, they are good people, and they don't deserve some of the criticisms that are said here. But that is what this board seems to be about, and that is blowing off steam and as xenawarrior said, it is not about me, which I can agree to that. I cannot see myself spending the rest of my life with so much anger, even if I were to leave the organization, but everybody is different. Don't you all think that spending so much time on this board will just keep you upset and that you will never be able to 'heal', as you say? Why not just move on if you hate the organization so much? Who wants to walk around with so much anger all the time? I'd go crazy!! Even if the organization wasn't directed by Jehovah, there are far worse religions to hate than Jehovah's witnesses.

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

HI folks QUEENIE has been called a good bitch lots a times...whore well I do not know about being a whore much leass a slut or even subscribe to the W and A I do however subscribe to MALEBASHING.COM /// WANT A HAPPY 4th BUY A 5TH ON THE 3RD !!!!! queenie and family ((((HUGS))))

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

"Even if the organization wasn't directed by Jehovah, there are far worse religions to hate than Jehovah's witnesses."

Trying to redirect the heat, wheat? The point is, the organization claims to BE directed by Jehovah, and, although they don't claim infallibility, in practice anyone questioning any of their doctrine is declared apostate and shunned as spiritually dead. With JWdom it's all or nothing, our way or the highway, and never never question if we 'tack' or zigzag or aboutface on doctrine! Few religions are that inflexible. I think you'll find that most here would say that if Brooklyn would apologize for its past prophesying, and stop pretending to be Jehovah's sole mouthpiece on earth, much of what you call 'hate' against JWs would be happily set aside. If you are going to compare religions without the caveat that JWs are God's sole organization, you must also admit that there are far better (and healthier) religions than JWs, too. You can't have it both ways.

• larc
    larc

Wholewheat, Since you are new here, I think you see us all in the same light. It will take some time to see the individual differences. For example, you imply that we are all angy. Yes, some are angry, because of the way they have been treated. My observation is that anger tends to dissipate over time and eventually goes away. I know a lot of posters who are not angry any more. Now, in my own case, I left the religion 40 years ago. I immediatley busied myself in my work and my eductation. Therefore, I had little time to think about my previous issues. I feel no negative emotions whatsoever regarding my JW upbringing. Now, to the point of sending much time here. Why do I do it? First of all, I am retired, just like you will be some day. I have lots of time, and I post here for several reasons, 1. to give support those who are hurting, 2. to provide information that could help others 3. to learn what is going on 4. to develope new friendships - that has been most rewarding. Now, I do spend a lot of time here, but I have a lot of other activities going on as well.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Having read the thread in question, I think that D8TA was out of order. He basically went off on a crazy rant that was uncalled for.

Wholewheat - that is one person. Don't generalise to everyone else. There are those on this board who WILL show you the respect you deserve.

Sirona

• professor
    professor

Wholewheat,

What does it matter to you why we are here? Are you on a crusade to draw people away from this board? From many of your posts, it seems that way. Relax, man (or woman as it may be, have you said yet?). We're not going anywhere, and some of your tactics do nothing but make the JW's look silly. I come here because I enjoy interacting with people who have had similar life experiences. I have arrived at a clearer understanding about many things from reading and posting here. I enjoy the association and it helps me to clear my mind of some JW thinking that does not made sense upon closer examination (not that all I learned as a JW was 100% wrong).

There is nothing wrong with taking a contradictory position, as when you made your stand against evolution. That was one of your more intelligent posts because you actually had something of substance to say. People will respect what you say a lot more if you just calm down and make intelligent comments, instead of using tactics to denounce the entire board in one sweep, which isn't getting you anywhere here.

As you know full well, because you post here, not everyone here is an "apostate" or "ExJW". There is no need to use these words so repetitively as if it will accomplish something. Honestly you have used these words sometime 20 times in one post! Instead of labeling, I recommend addressing the issues at hand. Thanks.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Sorry, wholewheat but I think your statement is nutty. I've been posting on this board since last year, some days spent well, all day here--and I'm sorry but I don't see what you're saying. I think your using this as an excuse to weasel 'jehovah' back in our thoughts, and what does that make you? Dumbdub?

I think being called a bitch is a compliment, btw.

Edited by - butalbee on 3 July 2002 11:48:19

• SYN
    SYN

AH. AHAH. AHAHAHAH!

GEESH. And to think that all of my The-Watchtower-Is-A-Chauvinist-Society posts have gone to waste!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit