Agreement with American B.S

by lucidentity 41 Replies latest jw friends

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

Patriot......I live and work about 20 miles away from you in NJ...maybe we should go for a beer in Manhattan......I am from the UK....have you ever been...you would realise that UK is no better than the US

I did come to US to experience an different culture....who are you to question that.

I have been to Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, Holland , Greece, Germany, Eire, Scotland, Wales, Kenya,Sudan,Thailand,Usa,Indonesia,Austrailia, New Zealand, Brazil, Iceland, China , Sri Lanka, South Africa......Why this was important to you I dont know.

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

Okay, Jan is just about the only one who has addressed the specifics. But those are the specifics of only one of many, many different scenarios!

When are you all going to WAKE UP!!?

Put down the glossy textbooks, and your 2/$9.95 plastic flags and look into these things for yourself. I'm talking about specific situations in which US business and/or military interests have won out and the average person suffers--we're talking about thousands upon thousands of humans in country after country: Nicaragua, Panama, El Salvador, Sudan, Somalia, Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan...the list goes on and on!

And Puh-lease! Stop acting like the cult you usually attack and deal with the issues instead of cutting down the messenger!

From what I've read, very few of you have any idea whatsoever of what you yammer on about! Sheesh...

• lucidentity
    lucidentity

thankyou intuit39.....

• Patriot
    Patriot

Im ALWAYS DOWN FOR A BEER!!

Dont have to ask me twice!

Well Its important because it helps us determine what eating you.

I personally think the UK is a great country. I've never lived there but I would imagine that their shared beliefs with the U.S. is what has you bent out of shape.

Do you mean to tell us that none of those countries worked for you?

I dont get into many debates. But Its hard for me partucularly when someone bashes this country. It sort of like saying " hell you went out and got shot at, bombed, some of your freinds killed, wounded for nothing".

Thats my problem with your comments. We are all adults here (I presume) and know that nothing is never going to be perfect. That politicians are always going to be Goddamn liars and there is always going to be deals made under the table......but hell, If I had to pick a country to be "fucked up with", I pick the good 'ol USA.

What more can I say?

I'm a Patriot!

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! Isn't that sweet, the nice little Mr. Bush asking all of America's children to give a dollar......what B.S.

CONSCIENCE MONEY!!!!!!

God Bless America !............and stuff every other nation!

You know, that is the beauty of America.. You can rant and rave, really 'hate' the government, protest against it, even burn it's flag, and you know what, that is the reason I love this country so much.. It is not a dictatorship, it doesn't have anything that is 'off-limits' when being able to critisize it, and as long as you are orderly and respect others, it's ok.

Too bad an organization that we all know about didn't feel that they weren't above reproach, and allow people FREE WILL to talk, converse, heck even ridicule some of it's decisions, maybe then the movement could actually move forward and 'help it's flock', unlike what it is now, a dictatorship where the men speak as if God himself has spoken, causing countless loss of life, disturbance and hardships on it's members, and no-one is allowed to voice any opposition to it's man-made laws, you just accept them or face certain death at the soon to happen Armageddon..

Yep, the love the GB has for it's flock, and the way it protects it's flock with such underserved kindness is underwhelming...

• LDH
    LDH

Lucid,

I think there's still a few caves left in the Kandahar region.

Let the door knob hit cha where the good Lord split cha.

Lisa

Edited by - LDH on 2 July 2002 15:39:41

• SweatPea
    SweatPea

Sounds like Lucid is a little jealous of the good old USA!!!!!!!!!!!

• happy man
    happy man

I think Lu putt upp a very intresting subjekt, ofcourse we in the most case love the country we come from, but I must say that in europe we have a love and hate feeling for US. I have been ther two times, and learnd very nice peopel, very helpfull and warm.

But then we have this politics,word police, who join terribel leders in some countrys, like support Pol pot ,even Bin ladin have been traind of the US, when they fighting Sovjet union.And war against Irak,and atacking some who they think are bad, nowan else can do this.

Some say Us have two faces, one in our world,and unother in 3 world.

And do you have this equalness as some talks abuot, isnt it the money who decide who gone to winn in several cases.

And this glorifying of violence as we see on a lot of hollywood movies.

Why are this terribel masakers happend ,isnt it a prof of that this is something wrong.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Intuit:

Yes, I do agree to some extent that some 3rd world countries have suffered do to our policies. However, if you look at the good things this country has done for the world, I would argue that they outweigh the bad. Yes, the ends do justify the means. Also, being that we are such a 'world power', we have behaved a hellava lot better that the other 'super powers.' Imagine if the leaders of iraq, panama, sierra leone, rawanda, iran, chile, solmalia etc. etc. had the type of military we do! Think of the MILLIONS of people they would kill! For the amount of 'killing power' we posses, I would have to say that we have been pretty responsible.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Happy Man:

The US AND Europe has turned its back from many countries that were suffering under its leaders. POL POT and Rawanda (lets not forget Germany in the 1930's) to name a few.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit