Why do they go back?

by zenpunk 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cyrano
    cyrano

I think another reason people 'go back' is because the watchtower world has all the 'answers' to them. Everything is black and white. They don't have to worry about deciding anything, all the issues are decided for them. It's so much easier for them in the watchtower, like an escape from reality.

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Okay, I'm going to answer a question with a question...Why do victims of abuse go back to their abusive relationships? Just because a relationship isn't a healthy one does not necesarily mean that one doesn't strive to be back in the embrace of those who would beat them down.

Most who are attracted to such organizations have something missing in their lives, those who separate from this organization and stay away, usually find a new way to fill this void. Those who can't find an alternative wind up striving to be back in the fold, until the next time, when perhaps they may be more successfull at finding an alternative.

Just some random thoughts...

CoonDawg

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

they go back because it's the only way they can be with their loved ones.

they go back because they have no support system in the outside world.

they go back because no one taught them how to survive on their own, or to believe in themselves.

they go back becuase it's easier than the alternative...

• moman
    moman

Its more like the, "Shawshank Redemption Syndrome", like trained-monkeys they want to go back to whats familiar!

• bad_associashun
    bad_associashun

They go back for the same reasons persons will return to an abusive partner or the same types of relationships- if you hang a bag of poop around your neck long enough, eventually you'll get used to it- and may even like it- in any case, you WILL miss it when it's gone.

• tdogg
    tdogg

I am not replying to answer your question but to ask if you could tell me the date of this incident and if it was in the news. I am a bit of a tornado freak and would like to look into this.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Lots of good posts.......something else in line with the airplane incident, it's called 'magical thinking' ; every negative thing that happens is interpreted as punishment from God, but back in with the JW mindset, negative experiences are called ' persecution '. A very safe, albeit limited, formula.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

I DA'd myself and went into the military. I always figured I'd go back though once I left the military. Funny thing though after I did get out of the military I started researching things and learned the truth about the "truth". Fortunately for me I did that as I probably would have tried going back.

-Rick

• avengers
    avengers

You can compare it with drugs. How many addicts try to stop only finding themselves using it again when times get tough.

Don't forget that the Watchtower is one of the biggest dealers in the world. The drugs they sell are stronger than most of the drugs on the market today.

Who was it that said "Religion is opium for the people"? As you can see the Watchtower Religion deals in one of the strongest and most deadliest drugs on the face of this earth.

If drugdealers are to be incarcerated then the Watchtower does too. Stop these bastards.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

My experience has shown the biggest reason for D/Fd ones wanting to go back, is due to family & friend(s) pressure, and not wanting to be excluded by them. "Love for Jehovah" is no where in the mix of why they seek to get back in the good graces of the elder judges.

Edited by - Dismembered on 1 July 2002 6:1:26

Edited by - Dismembered on 1 July 2002 7:25:55

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit