Does being called an 'apostate' upset you?

by wholewheat 109 Replies latest jw friends

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

Wholewheat-

I don't mind if you call me apostate, if you don't mind me calling you ignorant.

EK

• TheContagion
    TheContagion

We all owe a whole lot to apostates of the past. Where would we be without them?

• JanH
    JanH

I am an apostate. Simple as that. Everybody who departed a religion is an apostate.

- Jan

Edited by - JanH on 30 June 2002 2:10:21

• ISP
    ISP

'Some people insult those who disagree with them by questioning character or motives instead of just focusing on the facts. Name-calling slaps a negative, easy-to-remember label onto a person, a group, or an idea. The name-caller hopes that the label will stick. If people reject the person on the basis of the negative label instead of weighing the evidence for themselves, the name-caller's strategy has worked.'

Quote from June 22, 2000 Awake.
    'Apostate' is sometimes a convenient label for the WTS to use to avoid actually examining what individuals are saying.

ISP

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ll tell you the same thing I tell every JW self rightious twit.Being opposed to corruption do`es not make someone an apostate..I`m not an apostate, Dipshit!..LOL...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 30 June 2002 2:26:57

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I almost forgot.Hey Buckwheat which title would you prefer?"JW self rightious twit"or "Dipshit!"..LOL...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 30 June 2002 2:38:39

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I agree with everyone here...it depends upon "who calls me an apostate and why. Just to add to the 
    "N" analogy and the "blonde" analogy...being a woman I can take, from another woman "It's a woman 
    thang" much better than I can take it from a man...or to go even farther...I would rather be called
    a "b****" by a woman than a man. 
    From what I have looked up in the pages of the WTS's publication and what I have seen in the 
    "secular authorities" definition I would like to re-post what I had posted back in November 
    regarding this: "JW definition: 
    ""Reasoning Book, copyright 1985: 
    "Astostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion 
    against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or 
    requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah's 
    organization." 
    Websters Dictionary, copyright 1998: 
     "a) a total desertion of or departure from one's religion, cause, party, etc." 
    If you think about it, almost everyone alive is apostate to something. All the ones that left 
    their original religion to become a JW is apostate. As is anyone who goes from being Democrat 
    to Republican (party). Or, as in my case, I am apostate because I no longer put my garbage into the 
    recycle bin (cause). Anyone disfellowshipped is also apostate. 
    When I was in the Borg I thought that all apostates were actively working against the Society 
    it never entered my mind about them working against Jehovah, only the Society). But by the 
    Websters definition everyone who does not do what they once did, is apostate. Interesting.""
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

From a child I knew the JW`s were full of crap.I have never abandoned my belief..LOL...OUTLAW

• ISP
    ISP

'Just tell me what I have said that isn't true'.......

ISP

• anglise
    anglise

Wasnt Jesus an apostate?

Wether or not you believe he was/is the son of god he still stood out against the religion that he was born into and went another way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit