Does being called an 'apostate' upset you?

by wholewheat 109 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day WholeWheat,

I see you're still with us. Well done! Fancy preferring to spend the last 24 hours with apostates than your "loving brothers"!

Let me pick up on something you stated earlier in the day because I've heard this from other Dubs too, and it bears commenting on.

I didn't dedicate my life to Jehovah because of 607BCE and I was not the one who came up this date, so I am not the resposible party if it turns out that 1914 is incorrect, which is possible.

Has it not occurred to you that if the 607 - 1914 chronology is unreliable, then the whole WTS theology falls down in a heap?

Think of how much of WTS theology is tied to the 607-1914 axis:

* The faithful and discreet slave and its governing body

* Christ "now ruling".

* The completion of the 1444,000 and the ingathering of a "great crowd".

etc, etc

Do you see what I mean?

Methinks you're "between a rock and a hard place" with this. Yet you maintain that it's not crucial to your adherence to the WTS. Seems strange to me.

Cheers, Ozzie (free to speak my mind class)

• NewWay
    NewWay

I would be interested in knowing who sustained Nelson Mandela during his incarceration. As has been pointed out, there are many folk who have remained true to their beliefs (whether religious or political or otherwise) despite long-term imprisonment and/or deep hatred and persecution. Being true to one's beliefs can obviously derive from one's own inner strength.

• Farkel
    Farkel

wholewheat,

: I was not aware that Jehovah wants to kill 99.9% of the Earth's population. I think that you can remember that the Bible clearly states that Jehovah "does not delight in death of anyone wicked", and neither do I, nor do many of my brothers and sisters.

Well, you have much to learn then. Whether Jehovah "wants" to do it or not isn't relevant. The WTS has said he WILL do it:

*** w58 10/15 614-5 What Will Armageddon Mean for You? ***

As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth's billions these are indeed few. They are the few that walk the narrow way or cramped road that leads to life. These will not share in the fighting but will merely sing God's praises.-2 Chron. 20:20, 21; 2 Cor. 10:4, 5; Matt. 7:13, 14.

On Satan's side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions. Even the professedly Christian organizations? Yes, because all such that are friends of the world are making themselves enemies of God.-1 John 5:19; Jas. 4:4.

Now maybe Jehovah ain't gonna toast 99.9% of the earth, but the Watchtower society says he is and they say they speak exclusively for Jehovah. So there are only these possibilities:

1) Jehovah IS going to kill 99.9% of this planet because the WTS said so and they speak for Jehovah

2) Jehovah isn't going to do that because the WTS is a clueless fraud and doesn't speak for God at all.

Which is it, wholewheat?

Farkel

• professor
    professor

wholewheat,

In the four days you have been posting on this board you used the word "apostate" or "ExJW" probably a thousand times. Are you obsessed?

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

: Remember the brothers and sisters that have been in prisons for 30, 40 years in the past. They remained faithful to Jehovah, praying to Him daily, and yet never recieved any of the Society's publications.

ahhhh, yes the "No part of this world, no part of politics" - those witnesses went to jail for this, i'm sure you know about the malawi goings on, yes? mmmmm, wholeweat, do you agree that Jehovahs people should not be involved whatsoever in evil organisations, eg - the scarlet colored wild beast otherwise known as the United Nations?

• wholewheat
    wholewheat

Professor,

You asked me if I'm obsessed because I have used the term 'apostate' and 'ex-JW' more than a thousand times. My answer to you is that I am not 'obsessed', but 'surrounded'.

Farkel,

The Bible makes it clear that the majority of mankind goes off into destruction while a few gain everlasting life. You don't need a Watchtower to tell you that!

In_betwwen_days,

So you are saying that the Society was involved with the UN. How? This is interesting.

• LB
    LB

wholewheat you having problems with finding friends in your kingdom hall? It can be tough fitting in sometimes. Especially if you don't have the social skills which many witnesses lack.

• larc
    larc

Wholewheat, if you want to read about the Wt involvement you can go to search up top and put in the term UN. Let me summarize. In 1991, the Wt became an None Government Organization (NGO) affiliated with the UN. In the Watchtower they continued to lambaste the UN as the wild beast, and religion as the whore that rode the beast. However, in the Awake! they wrote positive articles about the UN. These are the articles they submitted to the UN, to show they were sympathetic to them and worthy of membership as an NGO. I think the reason they wanted to become affiliated with the UN, was to overcome tax problems in some countries, and present themselves as a charitable organization. Last fall, several people found out about this duplicity by contacting both the UN and the WT. Within one month of this discovery, the WT dropped their membership. When this became public knowledge, the WT claimed they only joined to get a library card to the UN, in order to do research. This explaination is patently false, because the UN material can be optained in public libraries in New York City. Wholewheat, I don't know how to retrieve the very lengthy threads that discussed this last fall, but I am sure others can find this for your viewing. LB, play nice, this person is trying to learn. Please don't shoot him down. Edited to add: Wholewheat, I did a quick search and brought back a thread, called, A Factual Summary of the Wt=UN issue. This will give you a start on this subject.

Edited by - larc on 3 July 2002 23:45:7

• professor
    professor

Spooky how dubs don't know about the UN scandal. I guess information control is working just fine yet.

• wholewheat
    wholewheat

larc,

Thank you for sharing. I am going to spend some time researching this. I have to admit that it is embarrasing that I know so little of some of the Society's activities. If what you tell me is true I am going to question the Society and see what they say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit