Radio Broadcast..Pledge of Allegiance

by dungbeetle 14 Replies latest jw friends

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Ok, I just about punched my monitor. I'm soo fucking sick of this misinformation that keeps getting spread. I like you most of the time Cowboy but you're just regurgitating the same propoganda as everyone else. Most of the founding fathers were

NOT Christian.

In fact Jefferson had a healthy hate of christianity. I understand the desire to be happy and apparently ignorance is bliss but please don't fall for such propoganda. I agree with the court descision although I really don't care either way. It does bother me that people are so willing to brush over the details just to furthur the Christian agenda. The media are a bunch of TOOLS that just spew off popular opinion.

gsx1138

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

I realize that not all the founding fathers were Christians,but for the most part,over the years Christianity has been dominate in the formation of the U.S. government.Like I said,I see the point the atheists are making,but I just don't think that you can please everybody,and that it's a mistake to start trying to.

GSX,I'm not going to war here....I like you and dungbeetle and gopher,but I'm just stating my(not the medias-when did you know me to do it because it was popular or pc?) opinion-that is what we're here for,right?

Cowboy

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Point taken Cowboy. Sorry bout that, this whole subject is really grating on my nerves. The only reason that christianity is dominant in this country is that most of the inhabitants came from Europe. Funny thing that most original inhabitants came here to flee religious intolerance and high taxation. Guess what we've got nowadays.

gsx1138

• dedalus
    dedalus

My search for an intelligent discussion of this issue continues ...

Dedalus

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Thanks GSX.I like your point about people coming here for religious tolerance.I still think we have that,we just have to accept that a majority of this country is Christian,and we're going to get a certain amount of it force fed to us,like it or not.

Dedalus,if you want intelligent discussion,discuss.

Cowboy

Edited by - Cowboy on 29 June 2002 10:36:58

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit