Being stalked.....

by target 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• target
    target

I need some unbiased advice.It is so hard to know just what to do. This is the situation. On Father's Day my son and his wife and two little boys came over for the morning. When they went home my son went to take the 4 year old swimming and when he opened the pool gate and went to untie the dog, he saw the dog hanging. He ushered the 4 year old back into the house so he did not see this gruesome site. The dog had been tide by an outside shower stall and it 'appeared' that this 18 month old chocolate lab had for some mysterious reason , gone inside this small stall and jumped straight up 5 1/2 feet over the wall and hung himself. This was a wall that he could easily walk around the outside of and knew there was nothing on the other side. The top of his head was a little bloody. This dog had never jumped on anything before. I told my son that I thought it was real suspicious be he did not think so at the time. As the week went on we started thinking about other things that had been happening. Such as:

They had just changed their phone number and only about 4 people knew it. My daughter in law got a filthy phone call while I was there. They guy called her by name. He said he was coming over. How did he get the number. We tried every way we could come up with and we could not get that number to come up. It was not in the system yet.

The cordless phone from my son's home office was missing. When paged, there was no answer. We looked in every inch of the house and it was gone. When we were talking on the phone line, it often sounded like someone picked up an extension.

My daughter-in-law kept having a 'feeling' about the little boy's bedroom window and checked it every day. One day she found it was unlocked. None of us had done it.

A small jade tree plant outside my son's office window had the bottom branch broke off a few days after the dog died. It was in a position that if you were trying to look in the window and stepped closer without looking down, you would step right on that branch.

I took my dog over there and walked him around the house and every time he got to the children's bedroom window he got real interested in the scent on the ground under it.

A rubber mallet is missing from the tool box right before the dog died.

My daughter-in-law heard something in the attic right over the garage. She listened and heard it again. She went in the house and locked the door.

When my son got home Friday he said when he stepped in the house he had this overwhelming feeling that someone had been in the house.

He went right out and bought new locks for the whole house. Dead bolts. Motion detector lights and alarms. ADT is being installed Wednesday.

The children and new pup are staying at my house.

Friday night I told my son on the phone that his Dad and I were going to park out in front of his house after dark. We were parked a short while when this car came from around the corner of the street that goes behind his house. It quickly parked way down the street. My husband and I both felt someone watching us intently. The car was there about 3 minutes when it started up and came down the street toward us rather fast. When it got right up to us it swung over right in front of us so its headlights were shining right in at us and then quickly swung back over and went past us fast. I got the impression that the driver was pissed.

Now where do we go from here. If we call the cops, what do we say? That they got home and the dog was dead. They lost their phone and the window was unlocked. A bush got broken and they have 'feelings'. I don't think they would call any of it hard evidence. We feel this guy lives close by because of using the phone. We feel he is a pedophile and is after the 4 year old. He killed the dog so he could come back and not be attacked. He hung him in a fashion that would traumatize the children when they saw it. He wanted that. As it is, my son and daughter-in-law cannot get the image out of their minds. I am so glad the 4 year old did not see it. He went into a deep depression when he realized his dog had "left" and is paranoid that the new puppy will 'go away' too. We are all so emotional about this that it is hard to know what is fact and what is imagination.

Target

Edited by - Target on 24 June 2002 15:39:46

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

file a report with the police and keep on filing reports anytime something suspicious happens! with stalking, the victims need records. tell your son and d-i-l to keep a journal of all suspicious activity as well. log everything with dates/times etc. wishing your family the best is this scary situation!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I would make a report anyway...the sooner you start a file, no matter how small it is, the better. Also, video taping in that room by the window might not be a bad idea...

• Valis
    Valis

hey target, do you realize how cheap little motion detectors and a little web cam are, like an X10? There are other cheaper ones, but they are pretty much the standard.It records based on movement striaght to your VCR for five minute intervals, or until it gets triggered again. They can also be hooked up to your computer and record the image to your hard drive. Something to consider under $200. Might be the proof you are looking, for, but also a good idea in general. There may also be insurance breaks for having that kind of surviellance too.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• sf
    sf

".... We feel this guy lives close by because of using the phone. We feel he is a pedophile and is after the 4 year old. He killed the dog so he could come back and not be attacked. He hung him in a fashion that would traumatize the children when they saw it. He wanted that."

RED ALERT!!

Your gut tells you this? LISTEN FULLY!

I am pasting this portion and going into a cop chatroom I occasionally 'visit' to get some suggestions and feedback and their thoughts on 'what you should do'.

{{{{{{{dog}}}}}}}

sKally

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

wow!!!!!!!!!!!........... it sounds like they are trying to scare you!!!!........... i don't think most pedophiles go around anouncing their presence first, do they???........... someone is trying to scare you, it could be a real nut case............ get a camcorder and a gun........ and the police............ it could be someone you know.

• sf
    sf

Here are a few. COPS, ONLINE, NOW!:

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/7305/chatrooms.html

Go, tell them of this and get some HELP.

Please.

sKally

• target
    target

He has put up motion detector lights and alarms. He has bought a Berreta 9mm and they went to the target range and he was experienced but she was not. She did real well. He is also well trained in Kung Fu. He is going to the "Spy Store" for some of the things that were suggested here.

I am glad I have the boys (4 years and 22 months) with me in a different city.And the pup. This is a sicko. He is a stalker and a pedophile. When we looked up the profile for stalkers on the internet it named all the things that have happened. They do like to kill pets. He was a beatiful dog. He swam with the kids every day. We will check out the cop site. It is hard to think straight when all this is happening so I really appreciate the help from everyone.

Target

• Scully
    Scully

Target:

Please be careful.

You don't want the stalker to find out where you live too.... if he doesn't already know.

Disconnect the jack that houses the portable phone that is missing. If the stalker has the same model phone, he can charge yours with his charger, and still listen in on your calls.

Make sure your son and DIL buy a shredder for any sensitive documents that include names, addresses, SSNs, account numbers for credit cards etc.

Have the phone company send someone out to make sure the security and integrity of your phone line has not been compromised. Sometimes a stalker can "tap in" to your line and find out what your new # is that way.

I agree with the suggestion to install motion detectors and alarms, plus the other suggestions to get a webcam set up so that you can catch the perpetrator in action.

Be safe.

Love, Scully

• LDH
    LDH

*IMMEDIATELY* call the following entities and have them put passwords on your accounts. They can do it, but do not like it to be publicized. You would be surprised how easy it is to dupe people from these agencies into giving out your personal info. For the general population, I'd recommend doing this as well.

1. ALL UTILITIES (public too)

2. ALL Communications (from cell phone to internet access)

3. ALL physicians offices/hospitals/anyone with access to your medical records.

4. ALL School/childcare centers that the children attend.

5. ALL Government entities that have any info, ie, DMV

6. ALL credit reporting agencies

7. ALL credit accounts

8. ALL Insurance carriers (life/health/property)

9. STOP receiving mail at your home; have it held at the post office.

TELL THEM ALL THERE IS A STALKER AFTER YOUR FAMILY AND YOU WANT ALL OF YOUR ACCOUNTS PASSWORD PROTECTED IMMEDIATELY.

And the most important....teach those children a code word that only your family knows. If you feel this might be a pedophile he could use trickery to get at the child. Choose a password, tell your child he or she is not to talk to ANYONE that doesn't know the password.

Lisa

Depending on your finances, send out certified letters to all of the above entities. They will not fuck around if they've recieved certified letters. PERIOD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit