My Parents Lost Forever?

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 29 Replies latest jw friends

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

We will all know what happens when we die.......or we won`t.

My condolence to you jean-luc picard for your loss.

smiddy

I find that the random chance of our own intelligence, AND the incomprehensibleness of evolved emotions, renders the impossibility of a greater power hard to defend.

If indeed, there is a greater being, it is also impossible to believe that he/she is the biggest asshole ever, who has arranged the scenario proffered by WTS (and other religions) to destroy and/or torment those of his/her children that are unwilling or unable to conform to whichever precise standard of conformity said religion requires.

(I am trying to work on my own determination - maybe I'll be the next LRH. Ka-ching.)

• Lost his mind
    Lost his mind
    The one thing my dad always told me " from the day you were born , you are dying". I sort of have to believe in that because of the accurate contradictions in the bible. I believe when we die we are gone, dead, unfeeling. The hubby once asked, don't you want to live forever. My answer..... Not with you people. He didn't really like that. And again, too much wine.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Hold me, I don't know any more than anyone else . I wish i did.

Jean Luc, my son would be 32. I feel your pain.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Isn't it funny?

This place where "logic" for some says that there cannot be anything more than what we know, experience etc.

Yet, for me - logic adds up to something quite different.

I see history as giving us hints ( no matter how poor the detail) - the story of Jesus, the story of men (Buddha eg) who delivered something that was not just about eating, shitting, procreating with no purpose but to survive physically.

Something major is going on it seems to me.

Is that spirituality?

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

James:

A man's daughter (7-8 years old) ask him, "where was I before I was born?When he told her she wasn't anywhere she was horrified. Same fear people have about death. So I figure I wasn't anywhere before I was born so I will be no where when I die.

I remember this nice quote from Mark Twain:

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

• talesin
    talesin

May I suggest that you turn off the TV and if you're on Facebook, turn to your nature groups! It's D-Day and there is a lot of stories that are triggering you.

I *do* believe that, and have been missing my Aunt SO MUCH the past couple of weeks, for a personal reason, but you know what?

She is in my heart - she is encouraging me, and saying "I will be with you". Also, I choose to celebrate the fact that I was always good to her, and she to me. I celebrate her strength, and draw on it some days.

It's okay, you'll figure it out. (HUGS)

xo

• clarity
    clarity

No one really knows.......so feel your emotions & think your own thoughts, they are as correct as anyone else's.

Compassion & hugs to all here who are so painfully grieving right now.

Somehow this quote helps me, thanks Adjusted for posting it.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Thanks Talesin you may be right.

Appreciate all the love and kindness shown by everyone here.

Frank

• Giordano
    Giordano

Occasionally I have a dream with one of my departed close family members. My wife calls them 'visits'. I wish they were more comprehensive but they are dreams and dreams are different.

I am one of those on this forum who will make the transition sooner then most.

Here is a bit of an explanation that may put a smile on someone's face:

The Transformation Ride

"What does Reincarnation mean?" A cowpoke asked his friend.
    His pal replied, "Slim, It happens when your life has reached its end.”

“Reincarnation starts when your long past feeling pride
    Then you who is inside will begin Your transformation ride."

"In a while, the grass will grow Upon your mound.
    Then one day on your grave
    A single flower is found.

And say a horse should wander by and eats that flower with his other feed,
    making bone, and fat, and muscle that is essential to the steed,

But some is left that he can't use
    And so it passes through, And finally lays upon the ground
    This thing, that once was you."

"Then say, by chance, I wander by and sees this upon the ground,
    And I ponders, and I wonders at This object that I found.
    I thinks of reincarnation,Of life and death, and such,
    And come away concluding
    Slim, You ain't changed....... all that much.'"

• talesin
    talesin

I hope you are having some happier moments today!

That advice I gave, was from my former therapist about 9/11. I had seen it in real-time, and many months after, was still having nightmares and such. She suggested that I stop watching the news, as it was triggering me ,,, and it worked! Glad I could pass on that tip to you.

It's a valid thing, to mourn, to grieve. Important to realize, though, that the continued reliving of traumatic events through the media, can have an huge effect on our psychological well-being.

Love and light to you! xx

tal :sunglasses:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit