My Parents Lost Forever?

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

My Father served in the second World War. He served in the South Pacific. He loved his time in the military and my mother was more than supporting. She helped the war effort in every way she could. When my father returned I was conceived and my life was filled with every good thing they could provide.

He was a good man. She was a good woman.

Are they truly never to be seen again?

Is that what most here believe? Truly?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You can put emotional spins on it, but does that change reality? Does a sincere JW make what he believes correct, or does emotional satisfaction in one's beliefs make them true?

Good people, bad people, people who are indifferent. YES, I believe they lived their lives and are gone.

It's really not even a "BELIEF." Until otherwise demonstrated, there is no afterlife or resurrection and dead is dead. The burden of proof is with those that choose to believe something other that what we have seen.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

yesterday was our daughters birthday. she would have been 31.........

hard isnt it?

thats why religion was invented, to help us cope.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

Unless there is some immortal soul, then probably so. My heart wishes what many want to be true, but my mind is too logical and rejects an after life.

Spending my entire childhood of a promise paradise and resurrection, has made it difficult to accept eternal death. The thought of never existing again after death is hard for most. You can take solace in the fact that nobody on this board knows the truth for sure. I don't fault those who hold onto a belief system that helps them enjoy life.

• bafh
    bafh

I don't think that humans have the capacity to know the answer to that question. It is a wait and see.

Although it is hard, I think there is great benefit in practicing accepting things the way they are right now without hoping for an easy answer. I think humans like the idea of eternal life - obviously most cultures and religions have some version of it.

Regardless of what you choose to believe, there is no way to KNOW the answer until you die and see for yourself. You will either see them again or you won't.

Until then,you have to choose how to deal with the uncertainty.

• azor
    azor
    So sorry for your loss Jean luc.
  • zeb
    zeb

No. As they have passed on any 'sin' or imperfection is absolved. such was the value of the life of the christ.

They will be seen in the resurrection. How it will occur and when is something that scholars and crackpots alike have argued over for centuries. People of faith just believe it will happen and are content to let the powers of the heavens sort the details. The wt and others constantly look for signs so they can have the power that comes with their 'proven' knowledge. Except for two details. Not even Christ knew when the end of days would come and he said so and in 2 Peter 1 v 21 Peter tells all readers that prophets were men whose sayings were born along by the holy ghost (or spirit). It is integral there that 'prophets' from Russel with his unnatural marriage, (hence mental strain) through all the others have made prophecies that have fallen flat are not directed by holy spirit.

Then we look at other details like

• doctrines that are changed at whim (No holy spirit or was God mistaken?)
    • the useless doctrines eg will the dead of Sodom be resurrected? It was no then Yes and then it was No...
    • the wts almost rabid defence of paedophiles in their midst tethered with the heartless way they confront the victims be they so young up against the offenders at backroom meetings.
    • interfering in the bedrooms of jw.

and you start to have a picture of this sect where the superiors live in isolated splendour, fed, kept, and fawned on by the multitude of jw who are kept ignorant of the blunders of the wt elite down the scores of years as these things are never mentioned... if I had only known..

and you start to get the picture.

regards with peace love and hug as well.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Something isn't true because we want it to be so, nor are things untrue because they are hard to accept. Your parents live on your memories, so write them down for your children and grandchildren to have.

I have made my peace with the fact that I won't be around in twenty or thirty years. I plan to make that time count and hopefully leave the world a tiny bit better for my children and grandchildren. You can leave a lasting legacy by teaching your children and grandchildren to be good human beings, helping your children and grandchildren to get an education and by volunteering or in other ways bringing your gifts to the world.

As Ghandi said, You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard
    thank you azor. its 3am here. still awake. oh well.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Sorry for your loss.

He was a good man. She was a good woman.

Are they truly never to be seen again?

You never know what can happen or is going to happen. I would say that what ever makes you feel comfortable is a go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit