Does The Governing Body Have Enemies At Bethel?

by Brokeback Watchtower 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

These 7 GB members have little education, have spent most of their life in "full time service", and probably never been near a book that delves deep into accounting and law.

And your telling me they are the ones making these big decisions?

Give me a break.

• JHK
    JHK

The Governing Body has a danger: an Edward Snowden inner ranks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/panorama/2119903.stm

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

I don't think they have "enemies" in Bethel, I just think some Bethelites spill info when they shouldn't so they receive credit like they are in the know...boosting their own egos.

If anyone in Bethel gets TTATT there is no way in hell they could live that fake life just to be a spy in the ranks, doing that can cause lots of mental issues.

The GB are full in on their beliefs and whilst not every Bethelite is uberzealous I don't believe there are many who are still there if any who are "mentally out".

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Yes, there are a few "awake" older brothers in Bethel. Awake to the fact that something is very wrong.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The WTS has developed a reputation for publicly shaming and censuring those in the upper echelons who don't toe the party line.

From the new convention release in the Jesus Christ book:

Jesus goes on to give his disciples reason for optimism. He assures them that when his prophecy is being fulfilled, there will be a “slave” who is alert and active. Jesus draws on a situation that the apostles can readily picture: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on coming finds him doing so! Truly I say to you, he will appoint him over all his belongings.” If, though, the “slave” develops an evil attitude and mistreats others, the master will “punish him with the greatest severity.”—Matthew 24:45-51; compare Luke 12:45, 46.

The WTS writers did not have to include the last sentence of the above paragraph - it does not add to the context of the material. But...it does sound like a threat or warning to the "slave", or factions of it, to smarten up or get punished severely.

Methinks there is trouble brewing in the Tower.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Interesting Brokeback, in Jungian terms I guess that the individual GB members share the experience of the “emergent self” collectively as leaders within a religious power fantasy! In this corporate realisation they have lost contact with the ground and feel authorised to fulfil their psychotic destiny regardless of the feelings of their flock.

The accountants however will bring them back down to earth with a bang!

• sir82
    sir82

Does anyone believe that such men could have originated any of these major changes?

I don't think any of the "magnificent 7" could solve an intermediate Soduku, much less develop an original thought.

• fulano
    fulano

Sir82. It's more or less as the governments. Do you think Obama is smart? I don't think so. But he has his smart people advising and helping him.

A good manager doesn't have to know everything about his field, all he needs is good people around him.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Brokeback WT - "Does the governing body have enemies at Bethel?"

Doubtful.

The vetting process to keep out any potential troublemakers is no doubt working in high gear at all times.

Anyone with enough balls would never get close enough.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

"coward Leosch who won't even show up in court when subpoena'd to defend his faith or policies"

Brokeback can you cite please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit