• tiki
    tiki

whatever happened to humility?

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite: "Idiot"

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I don't know. . . In the context, it seems like the "men" he is referring to are "brothers."

The story starts out with how those with an earthly hope - JWs, not "worldly folks" - have the "very important" role of supporting Christ's brothers.

It goes without saying that the rest of the world have no role in the first place. They could care less.

Then he goes on to the story about being dissed in a "branch territory." Again he could have said he was poorly treated in "another country" but specifically used the term "branch."

It really wouldn't make sense if it were just "worldlies" who are pissing him off - that's to be expected; and they're all burnt hot dogs via Big Brother Jesus' firebolts anyway.

However, it does seem he is making the point that those with an earthly hope - the ones who are supposed to support him- are the ones who dissed him, and thus they will have to deal with JC.

Just my take on it.

• LP97
    LP97

According to the WT, this guy was appointed by Jesus as his "faithful and discreet slave". A guy who encourages blackmailing teenagers into baptism by withholding a driver's license, who thinks tight pants are a conspiracy designed by homosexual clothing designers, and was disliked in one of the brances he visited.

APPOINTED BY JESUS.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I bet this so called friend(wife) or what ever probably was trying to keep him from going into some Narsistic rage over some sight he felt about the branch overseer who spoke to him in a non worshipful manner appropriate to his status as one of the so called elite "Faithful and Discreet Slave" who must be obeyed without question.

I wonder what dirty secrets Anthony Morris has locked away? the guy sure sounds like he is totally off his rocker! I wonder about his gay bashing and what it says about him.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/homophobes-might-be-hidden-homosexuals/

Homophobes Might Be Hidden Homosexuals
    A new analysis of implicit bias and explicit sexual orientation statements may help to explain the underpinnings of anti-gay bullying and hate crimes April 10, 2012 | By Jeanna Bryner and LiveScience

Homophobes should consider a little self-reflection, suggests a new study finding those individuals who are most hostile toward gays and hold strong anti-gay views may themselves have same-sex desires, albeit undercover ones.

The prejudice of homophobia may also stem from authoritarian parents, particularly those with homophobic views as well, the researchers added.

"This study shows that if you are feeling that kind of visceral reaction to an out-group, ask yourself, 'Why?'" co-author Richard

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The story starts out with how those with an earthly hope - JWs, not "worldly folks" - have the "very important" role of supporting Christ's brothers.

It goes without saying that the rest of the world have no role in the first place. They could care less.

Then he goes on to the story about being dissed in a "branch territory." Again he could have said he was poorly treated in "another country" but specifically used the term "branch."

It really wouldn't make sense if it were just "worldlies" who are pissing him off - that's to be expected; and they're all burnt hot dogs via Big Brother Jesus' firebolts anyway.

I see what you're saying, BOC, but he goes on to tell a story about 'men' (read: the 'goat-like') who dissed him. We all know what happens to the 'goats' in the illustration, and these are the ones mistreating Christ's brothers.

Yes he could have said 'another country' but perhaps 'branch territory' was more precise - rather than some far flung corner of a country, it was the territory around the branch. If he meant JWs in the branch were mistreating him, he'd say 'I wasn't treated too well in this particular branch.' It is also of interest that he alone was mistreated - not he and his fellow JWs, not the GB or 'anointed class' as a whole, just him. Perhaps he was attending a branch dedication or something.

If the JW brothers were mistreating him, they would have been jumped on from a great height. If they were kicked out of the Org so that they were now termed 'men,' would AMIII encourage praying for them? (e.g. 2 Pet. 2:9-13) One can pray for non-JW persecutors or the non-JW 'goat-like,' but for JWs booted for disrespecting a GB member? I dunno ... I don't think so.

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's really embarrassing that my parents chose this religion with it's childish leadership. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for the corrections Ann O and I apologize for the mistakes.

Not only do the Brothers in the territory have to worry about treating the GB members to a level they expect but they need to be concerned that they will gossip about them (to their own friends) behind their backs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit