Public Speaker Cries During His Talk

by James Jackson 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Poor old guy. Yearning for his dad when he is an old man himself. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a resurrection after all. Hope is the father of disappointment, but hope springs eternal. Where would we be without hope, even if what we hope for is just a forlorn dream?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Can anyone say "emotional blackmail"??!!

the method of using emotions to suck witnesses in is certainly immoral!

• DJS
    DJS

Shirley, funny stuff (again). Commander, thank you for sharing your experience. Mine is similar.

As I've pointed out before, beliefs are one step up from emotions (at the bottom rung) on the evolutionary ladder for homo sapiens, and the more educated/intelligent an individual the more likely they are atheist. Those are facts, not opinions. It is predictable that these types of behaviors will become more common amongst the Borg, as the educated and the intelligent continue their exit from the cult. What is left will be less educated and rely on feelings and emotions to support their beliefs, because considering the evidence and facts before them is simply too difficult and/or too painful.

Sad, really. They deserve better.

• steve2
    steve2

DJS - nice overview well expressed!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

This is the single greatest trigger of my anger.

What it has done to my mother; now in her 60's, infuriates me.

All she ever wanted was to live with animals.

The hate wells up in me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Something tells me that the speaker won't be allowed to give P/talks any more. As for the old sister ? if she wept in the emotional blackmail of last week's WT 'Study, that would just be passed over....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit