Public Speaker Cries During His Talk

by James Jackson 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

His talk was about reaching out for the Real life.

He is in his mid seventies, then begins to rant on about staying loyal to the organization because many of us have lost loved ones in death and if we want to see them again we must remain in the organization. He says he wants to see his father again, then the tears begin to flow right there on the stage...

Then an Elderly sister during the Watchtower study admits to regetting leaving her daughter behind to seek a better life in the U.S, and she is crying...

These 2 meetings was just plain weird.

• designs
    designs

Hey I'd like to see my dad again. I cry missing him.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

staying loyal to the organization

Because the Organization will be resurrecting his dad?

This cult is becoming more bizarre everyday.

Most likely this 70-something JW realizes he too will die an old man in this world, and, just like his father before him, he is not going to see the promised Armageddon™ either.

I wonder how long it'll be before WT changes their stance on tattoos....so that it can then mandate every JW get "staying loyal to the Organization" engraved on their forehead?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Yes, it's a crying shame.

False hope based on false promises.

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I can't stand it when a speaker, or an off balance emotional person cries or sobs during an answer!

It just shows how manipulative the org is, and how responsible they are for messing with people's emotions by selling fairy tales as facts!

sick.....

• sir82
    sir82

I've noticed more desperation in the older folks in recent years.

People who where in their 20's & 30's leading to 1975 are now in their 60's & 70's.

They were supposed to be petting pandas for at least 20 years now, if not 40.

Now, they are faced with their own mortality, as the WTS clearly doesn't expect Armageddon anytime soon,with their 5 year HQ building project.

Heck, there isn't even a "king of the north". The UN is less than insignificant. The JW numbers are stagnant.

Folks are getting paralyzed with fright at the thought that they too - just like everyone else - are going to die some day.

Most normal people get used to that idea over the course of a lifetime. But with JWs, you've got 60, 70, heck 80 year olds who have never even entertained the thought of old age & death.

And now here they are, in 2014, no end even remotely in sight.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. You think this was weird? Just wait 5 more years. The word ain't been invented for how crazy it's going to get.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I agree sir82... The desperation and weirdness of witnesses wil just get stronger.

• BU2B
    BU2B

An emotional display! Reminds me of this.. Another cult

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZsVP2WoE9E

• BU2B
    BU2B

They have to remain loyal to their organization as well, if they want to live to see tomorrow.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

AndDontcallmeShirley hit the nail on the head. "Loyalty to the Organization?" What about Jesus? This is sick and twisted.

Sir82: is also spot on. I am 34, soon 35. I feel exactly like this, even at this young age. Why? Because I remember clear as day the 1984 WatchTower's and Awake!'s that we peddled all thru the 1980's that were used as PROOF that the time of the "End" was upon us. I was repeatedly told by older ones, my parents, CO's, DO's, etc that I would not even get thru grade school, much less high school or enter the work force. It was not even a possibility. A career in this System of Things? A family, a child, a 20-yr mortgage? My parents would have laughed at the thought. Guess what? Those people (including my parents) are ALL DEAD!! All of them. I am still here. I have grey hairs, something I never even remotely thought about - EVER. And because of what I have seen, heard, experienced in life up to this point, I am now faced with the horroring realization that I too will die at some point in time, probably in this sytem of things. My child is 10 years old! I am rearing him to take care of himself, not hold out hope for some pie-in-the-sky "possible future" where he is petting panda's by our families lakeside chalet. No! That's reserved for the money-grubbing geezers up in Walkill who are building an opulant lakeside Headquarters! That's not for us pee-on's. We have to take care of ourselves, in the here and now. The JW.Org sure as h*ll isn't going to. They didn't take care of me or give two-sh*ts after my parents died, so F' them!

I'm not even 70 and I'm crying. Crying at the lost time and energy this bat-sh*t crazy cult has stolen from me. It stole my childhood, my education, my parents, me non-JW relatives (isolated from them due to being JW's), etc. Actually, I think I'd be crying more if I were 70 years old and just finding out what for a FARCE I had lived in a blood-thirsty CULT. I'd be crying pools on the stage, and it wouldn't be out of loyalty, but out of sheer madness.

- Wing Commander

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit