• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Hi, I will be glad to answer after a break, a meal and coffee. :-) TWOY

• Viviane
    Viviane

Any update yet?

• Twitch
    Twitch

I've always preferred honey over vinegar myself...

• talesin
    talesin

;)

• Island Man
    Island Man

Viviane: People are asserting something exists and haven't the faintest clue what it is.

By George you've got it! Now you're starting to understand the word spirit. It's an all purpose word to refer to things people know/believe exist but can't see and haven't the faintest clue what it is.

The bible doesn't say what spirit persons are made of. It just says that they exist and you have to just accept that if you want to be a bible-believer. In short there is no answer to your question. No one can honestly claim to know what you're asking.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Christians assert that humans have a "spirit" that suvives death. They claim that god is a "spirit".

Christians and lots of other people assert this.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What makes you a living thing? As is opposed to a dead thing? What makes living things live? What makes them alive verses dead?

• Viviane
    Viviane

By George you've got it! Now you're starting to understand the word spirit. It's an all purpose word to refer to things people know/believe exist but can't see and haven't the faintest clue what it is.

No, you've got it. I've know that all along. That was the point of asking. Welcome to the club!

What makes you a living thing? As is opposed to a dead thing? What makes living things live? What makes them alive verses dead?

Great question! Is that related to my question?

• Viviane
    Viviane

Were one to ask the same questions regarding character or personality, would one have answers?

Those are great questions that we can discuss. If you are interested, start a thread and I will join in. Not related to this thread, though.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Viviane- you really don't give a damn what spirit is this is a mockery thread.

Answer these cofty cofty and Viviane:

Why is there more matter than antimatter in the observable universe ?

What is dark matter ? What is Dark Energy ?

Is dark energy a pure cosmological constant ?

Why is neither the curvature or the topology of the universe known ?

Why does the predicted mass of the quantum vacuum have little effect

on the expansion of the universe ?

The best minds in Physics cannot answer the above questions.

of course you two geniuses cofty and Vivian should be able to clear it up for us

Or you can mock the physicists for not knowing the answers, more your style.

What is:

An Alpha Particle ?

Albedo

a Quark ?

a Q unit ?

the Ground State of an Atom ?

What is Cosmic Inflation, how does it work?

The above you should be able to google and pretend you actually

understand these things, which you do not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit