Troubling experience at 1 day assembly re: little jw child

by williamhconley 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Just had my 1day assembly this weekend. An experience given by the bethel speaker was quite troubling and shows how JW's live in constant paranoia, anxiety and they isolate themselves from normal living.

A first grade class was having a fire drill. Everyone ( except one) lined up and stood outside away fron the classroom in the grass. The 1st grade teacher noticed that 1 child was missing. She went to the classroom and the little JW boy had his head down over his arms. The teacher asked him why didn't he walk out with the rest of his classmates and the boy answered "well I know christmas is bad and also birthdays but firedrills....Im not too sure so I stayed".

The audience laughed and applauded of course but this experience shows how JW's even children are taught not to think for themselves and to view everything and everyone around them as Satanic and evil. You are constantly told that Jehovah will feel sad if you do this or that. That is mental torture! I felt sorry for the kid. The constant guilt heaped upon JWs is tiring. Anxiety and depression are rampant in WT land.

W.H.Conley

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

What if there had been a real fire? Children being taught not to trust their teachers. You're right, so bad for kids. My daughter loved school and loved most of her teachers, now she's at uni doing great. I on the other hand, a born in JW, hated school, no surprises there. Those poor children.

• alanv
    alanv

This is so typical of witnesses. Fancy clapping in that situation when there could have been a real fire. Instead he should have been given a good talking to by his parents. He needs to obey his teachers and authority figures, and if in doubt talk to parents later about a particular situation

• zebagain
    zebagain

did his parents get beyond first grade?

and clearly none of the sheep there have ever been in a fire or been burnt. Oh my friends you never forget.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

When I reluctantly recall my memories of both Primary & Secondary schools in the UK, I can fully appreciate why so many Witnesses "home school" their children rather than send them into the 'lion's den'!

The psychological and vicious physical abuse I got at school for being different by being excluded from religious instruction, is something I wouldn't wish on anyone's child.

Now decades later, I hear of different Witness teenagers doing projects for their religious instruction classes; has the "exclusion" thing ceased now?

• sarahsmile
  • sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Sorry to hear you gave your life up for a day to hear about a fake story line!

It just crazy how they make up crap and everyone thinks it is a real experience! Typical made up delusional garbage! Clap,clap!

Dumb idiots would laugh! I am just so sick and tired of the JWs stupidity. It is like each generation of JWs just gets mentally worse!

I know someones grandfather died from neglect because the stupid grand daughter, care giver, left him alone. She was paid by the state to watch him daily so she decided to go help establish a Russian KH daily plus pioneer. He took a fall and broke his hip while alone and died because of it. Imgine an elderly man with health problems, age 87, going in his back yard that was near on a fifteen foot drop. Anyhow, she gave her experience at the assembly they said how wonderful she was. How she managed to pioneer, learn to speak Russia so she can help with the Russia community. All this while taking care of her grandfather. Basically she was never there! Really now it would not take much to calculate the time! But they never realised he died because of neglect! They claimed it was because of Jehovah that "she" managed to make it through her tough times. Ahahah

The more your around assemblies and JW the more fond sick memories you get to recall!

What a joyful 1 day assembly. I never went to another assembly.

• blondie
    blondie

Applauding stupidity!!!!!!!!!!! I can see that this child is an easy target for a pedophile in the congregation.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Hmm, this may be an urban legend. I heared this story in the 1980's at an assembly.

I reacted in the same way as you. People laughing about it made med feel really bad.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This instilling of such dread in children is wrong. The washtowel tends to add new restrictions as if they had always been in place. In this case, there might be a list of things that are objectionable, and if it is not on that list, it is acceptable. This list needs to be static, and not added to at the whim of 8 scumbags. When I was in, this list included all holiday parties (including birthday parties), saluting the flag, prayer, and standing when the anthem is sung. All other activities, including class trips, need to be allowed (unless the nature of the class trip was directly against the religion). Fire drills are always acceptable--if the religion ever forbids participating in fire drills, they need to be shut down.

Now, suppose there would have been a bomb threat. I went to school--and, when I was in 7th grade, there was a bomb threat. We got another one late in 9th grade. In both cases, we were instructed to assemble in places where it was supposedly safe. In the 9th grade threat, this place was way out away from the school--more than a fire drill. Both were false alarms. However, it only takes one problem to cause disaster. Maybe not a bomb, but suppose the propane system is leaking. The correct act would be for a teacher or responsible student to sound the alarm at once, and alert someone in charge that there is a leak in the gas somewhere. Or, if someone sees a crack in the building getting bigger, it is urgent to evacuate the building at once because it could imminently collapse. If someone is left behind because it "might" be against the religion or the religion is too vague at what displeases its god, that could create death or serious injury.

And this is not advocating the list of objectionable items as it stood then, either. Children should participate in Christmas (including Santa, since that is part of the fun), Easter, Halloween, birthdays, and most other fun things (maybe if it involves smoking weed or vandalizing property, they should refrain from participating). They should be allowed to go to most class trips--the only exception might be if the child is blatantly not interested in the event, or could be unreasonably endangered. Children should be encouraged to support their country--and it should be left up to each one as individuals to support prayer as they see fit. As for fire drills, those are mandatory and for the safety of the children. While most are simply drills (or false alarms, such as the two bomb threats I went through), one day it might not be a false alarm. Only once did I go through a fire drill where it was a real fire--a small fire, but real. That was wimpy that time, but another time it could have spread through the halls and not been so wimpy. Or, had it got near a propane line, it would go from a wimpy fire to a whopper of a kaboom in less than a second. Better I was outside should that happen than inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit