Jealous Murderous OT Yahweh Jehovah really is Satan?

by Shanagirl 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Really is Jesus if you believe the Christians.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Thanks Witness My Fury, I'll check him out.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

Double post. Sorry.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Wow, what is everyone getting all focused on the Koran. I just was saying that the Yahweh, Jehovah god of the bible is nothing more than some desert god worshipped by the ancients, and adopted by the Israelites as their own personal god. They adopted a war god that seems more like a Satan god than the True god. A satan god that decieving humans in all the religions of the earth. I am not an Athiest, but I do not believe that Jehovah, Yahweh, or Allah for that matter, is the true god, but matches the ancient myths about a dark force called yaldabaoth.

Shana

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

The "New Testament" does not contain the Jewish name of "God" or Yahweh. Jesus indicated that the scribes and religious leaders of the day did not know his father nor worshipped him, and that his father required mercy and not sacrifice. So who were the Jews worshipping the entire time? Who was Jesus implying was his "father"? Jehovah, Yahweh was not his "father". The god of the Bible, Yahweh is actually the Sumerian god Ea/Enki/Ia. He is the the god of ancient Sumarian, Mesopatamian, Babylonian, Egyptian, mythology. The Sumerian name En-ki implied "Lord of the Earth", and the name EA signified "House of Water" Enki was a god of the celestial and terestial waters and a creator god of the earth.

Eyan asher Eyah- "I Am the one who is called Eyah", - the name of ea in it's West Hebrew form.

Today millions unknowingly honor Enki/Ea/Ayya, the "trickster god" or Great Deciever Satan as Yahweh/Jehovah/Ehyeh

Shana

• fiddler
    fiddler

Shana, I don't post here often but your post caught my attention. It was reading up a little on the Gnostics among other things that put the Bible a bit more into perspective for me in the early days of my getting out of the JW beliefs. Also, the Book of Enoch. It is considered 'apocrapha' but if it is pseudo then so is the Genesis account (doh!) It's not that I believe these writings are 'gospel'........just that they clarify things that the ancients wrote. They round out the whole Middle Eastern religious mindset. I, too, believe that Jehovah/Yahweh is actually a description of evil. The Trickster of Native American mythos fits the bill of Yahweh as well........kind of.

As for the origin of humans being beings of light, well.....I can hold that thought. I'm OK with being a dreamer if it gets me through the day. Being only an accident and 'worm food' doesn't get me through the day. At the end of the day, it won't matter to anybody by me anyway.

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

When I was a JW, there was always the question in my mind, why a loving god would create such a chaotic painful existence on this planet. For instance, I've always loved to watch wildlife shows, but why would a loving god create prey animals to be killed in such violent painful ways to feed predator animals, like when a hyena takes down an impala, or a lion takes down a wildebeast, it's so violent and bloody. All the cruelties of nature. The Gnostic writings seem to explain a kind of god that is ignorant and evil and flawed and has no idea about the creation laws of organic matter. It's a god of chaos who has created chaos, and to this day our world is in chaos. And are we subject to this chaos as long as we are trapped within the shell of this chaos?

The idea of a divine spark, most common in Gnostic and mystical religions, is that every human being possesses either a connection with God or a "part" of God. The goal of life, then, is to allow the divine spark to influence us toward love, peace, and harmony. Upon death, the divine spark returns to God. Is the idea of a divine spark biblical?

No, the idea of a divine spark, as held by Gnosticism and mysticism, is not biblical. But there are some biblical truths that are somewhat similar to the idea of a divine spark Genesis 1:26 teaches that every human being possesses the image of God. Ecclesiastes 3:11 says that God has “set eternity in the hearts of men.” In Luke 17:21 Jesus proclaims, “The kingdom of God is within you.” The Bible teaches that every human being possesses an immaterial soul-spirit, and it is this part of us that connects with God Hebrews 4:12 So, I believe that each human being possess a soul-spirit, the divine spark the emmanated light of God and is innately aware of eternity. Yet I also feel that a person shown the way by the Christ can truly connect with the Light of God. Shana

• Badfish
    Badfish

If Jehovah was Satan in the OT, how does Satan enter before the presence of Jehovah in heaven in the book of Job, and the two have a conversation? If the "Jehovah" that is in heaven in this case is really Satan, is the "Satan" in these verses really the good god? Then why is he the accuser of man in this book? Isn't the word "Satan" supposed to mean "accuser" after all?

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

Badfish,

Poor Job suffered unimagineable suffering for no reason at all.

According to the traditional interpretation of the story, the immediate defense would be that it is Satan, not Yahweh, who is the abusive one

By introducing Satan, Job's author is able to make the case that the evil accomplished by creatures is known by God and yet God is absolutely not the cause of evil, neither directly or indirectly. God's granting permission to start the play is precisely that, permission, not cause.

In the Book of Job Satan has become a separate agent, and he appears to be one of the subordinate deities in Yahweh's divine council.

Even though the author separates God and Satan for dramatic effect, theologically he tells us that they are essentially the same cosmic power. it is Yahweh, not Satan, who "has torn me in his wrath, and hated me"; it is Yahweh, not Satan, who is "my adversary" (16:9). "Adversary" is of course the phrase used to identify Satan, : Satan is just the dark and wrathful side of God himself. This is clear in the story of Balaam and his ass: "But God's anger was kindled because [Balaam] went; and the angel of the Lord took his stand in the way as his adversary" (Num. 22:22).

Does being God mean that you never have to say you are sorry? This cannot be it, for Yahweh does regret that he created humans (Gen. 6:6), he repents twice in his conversations with Amos (7:1-6), and he repents of the evil that he had planned to inflict on Jerusalem (2 Sam. 24:16). So why is the Lord so adamant with regard to Job's situation? On the face of the text, it appears that Yahweh has no reason to persecute Job. Speaking to Satan, he admits that "you (Satan) moved me against him, to destroy him without cause" (2:3). Please note who is doing the moving against Job: it is not Satan; it is Yahweh himself. Yahweh does not say: "I allowed you, Satan, on your own power, to move against Job"; instead he says: "You persuaded me to move against Job."

So, I do believe the god spoken of is this evil force Yaltabaoth aka Yahweh, Jehovah, Satan, the Great Deceiver.

Shana

• billythekid46
    billythekid46

Why blame Jehovah God. He did not tell, instruct, teach man to sin. What humanity is today as our forefathers are incumbent or inherited sin? You choose to blame someone only because it makes you feel better. If you blame your parents for giving you birth, then how is its Gods fault, because he made man? Yes he made man but not imperfect. Since the creation of man, humanity blames all evil upon God instead of themselves. Societies that read the early works of the bible rarely see the distinction of what God told his people what they should do, only to offset what they did due to their unperfected human nature. That’s why the teaching of Christ was not argumentative. For those who truly believe in him, truly believes in God by faith. There’s no greater human power, but to trust in God with your heart, mine, and Soul. Meanwhile we should all respect the point of views of others, however disingenuous it sounds to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit