Jealous Murderous OT Yahweh Jehovah really is Satan?

by Shanagirl 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Fhis is the birth of the Atheist (i will show u when im lowed to post)

You feel it?

to the song (sunshine in Amigio in D minor)

god. He is merciful....in what way? The way a human recognizes it. with feelings and pleasure, emotion, pride.....yet the Bible tells us to negate all said things...why? We are human--imperfect, fucked up, because god did t see that apparently free will lead to our forgetting him....but if im wrong God created us, our being our emotion , iur flaws--and left us to chals....to prove a point? To prove man cannot rule lurselves? Hmmm..interesting. Or is it that. godeft us long ago to our chaotis ....our philosophosing?. So where is God to judge us now? I questioned him!!! But why would my leasley life compare to countlesss others who died and not cause Jehovah watched em? F*ck me it is APPALLING how out of touch MOST hikans are with real life....God help us...for no one else will

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

Fhis is the birth of the Atheist (i will show u when im lowed to post)

You feel it?

to the song (sunshine in Amigio in D minor)

god. He is merciful....in what way? The way a human recognizes it. with feelings and pleasure, emotion, pride.....yet the Bible tells us to negate all said things...why? We are human--imperfect, fucked up, because god did t see that apparently free will lead to our forgetting him....but if im wrong God created us, our being our emotion , iur flaws--and left us to chals....to prove a point? To prove man cannot rule lurselves? Hmmm..interesting. Or is it that. godeft us long ago to our chaotis ....our philosophosing?. So where is God to judge us now? I questioned him!!! But why would my leasley life compare to countlesss others who died and not cause Jehovah watched em? F*ck me it is APPALLING how out of touch MOST hikans are with real life....God help us...for no one else will

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Most JWN Bible people know what the Bible say's about Love. They don't know what the Quran say's. As you continue reading the dialogue between Dr. Craig and the Islamic writer, you will notice how the Quran starts heading toward's the Gnostic Gospels.

"

Jesus taught God's unconditional love for sinners. We see this in his parables about the prodigal son and the lost sheep, in his practice of table fellowship with the immoral and unclean, and in his sayings like those of the Sermon on the Mount. He said, for example,

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends his rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, . . . what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matthew 5.43-48)

The love of the Heavenly Father is impartial, universal, and unconditional.

What a contrast with the God of the Qur'an! According to the Qur'an, God does not love sinners. This fact is emphasized repeatedly and consistently like a drumbeat throughout the pages of the Qur'an. Just listen to the following passages:

"God loves not the unbelievers" (III. 33)
    "God loves not the impious and sinners" (II. 277)
    "God loves not evildoers" (III. 58)
    "God loves not the proud" (IV. 37)
    "God loves not transgressors" (V. 88)
    "God loves not the prodigal" (VI. 142)
    "God loves not the treacherous" (VIII. 59)
    "God is an enemy to unbelievers" (II. 99)

Over and over again the Qur'an declares that God does not love the very people whom the Bible says God loves so much that He sent His Son to die for them!

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/is-the-islamic-conception-of-god-morally-inadequate#ixzz2s3WcnnCm

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

So we fight the God pf the Quran....F**k him...if he will destroy me i will lut up theodt magnificent fight of all the ages of men....destroy me o god and i shall lift my dead hand to u....to halt the impending doom to my associates and lwers. Bit the point os feck him ....

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Jon Preston, have you had a couple of cold ones tonight?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I dont know why anyone believes anything that uneducated superstitious goat herders or the delusions of the mentally ill have to say. Why is any of it taken as fact over common sense and reason.

Most bible scholars know who yahweh was and how polytheism became monotheism, how the bible we have is a redacted rewritten work of fiction to suit the purposes of those who wrote it, it isnt that hard to find out.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

If the OP is correct then how would he/she explain the prophecies about Jesus' coming throughout the OT? And why would Jesus quote directly from the OT so many times?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Chisuk that's a common fallacy.

Read some Bart Erhman, plenty of his books as free pdfs available.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Lars? Your back!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I studied Gnostic Gospels with Elaine Pagels during college. It is hard for me to respond in this format. Skimming the thread, I see a lot of false information about Gnosticism. I was going to study Gnosticism at Union Theological Seminary. Not being a trust fund baby, however, I wondered what I could do with the degree. I did not want to be a minister or priest. Also, there was a Koine Greek requirement for admission. Law school seemed more practical.

I equate YHWH's morals with Satan without delving into the Gnostics. Jehovah has bad morals.

We concentrated on Christian Gnostic writings b/c it was a NT course. They threw into contest which were authentic. It was the late 1960s and almost everyone in class gravitated toward Gnostic interpretation. We read a sampling of Jewish Gnostic writings. I always believed to understand the Christian ones, people should read the Jewish ones, too.

One element interested me immediately. The Gnostics use the same sayings and many of the narratives in the canonical gospels. Of course, the interpretation was radically different. It made me tend to believe that earlier writings and traditions circulated. The cast of characters is the same in most Gnostics as in the canonical. Many sayings are identical. Others are paraphrased. It would be cool if they discovered an even earlier layer. Pagels said that Gnosticism would appeal to a more literate, urban, and sophisticated crowd.

I have things to do in my profession. Gnosticism is only a hobby. I am no scholar. Oh, they treated women much better.

Gnoticism claims that the creator god is an evil force. I do feel that some spark in me is outside of time and matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit