The Elders are coming!!!

by lv4fer 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Also, don't elaborate, don't give any reasons, don't say "I'm not afraid of you", etc... Information is power and by giving them information you are empowering them.

Keep it simple:

To whom it may concern,

I simply wish to cease to be involved in the faith.

Sincerely,
    LizardSnot

Reference:
    http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Do you shun former members?
    Those who simply cease to be involved in the faith are not shunned

Nothing more.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Very interesting thoughts. I DA’ed myself. However, now I feel that it really does not matter if you DA or get DF.

Why? Because either way, The Elders have the last action in the matter, “the announcement”. You are gone, and they are free to invent any situation they want to explain you away. The inference is the same, you are “this and that” and worthy of their shunning.......People think the worst of you........

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

IV,

My recommendation, UNINVITE, the Elder, DON'T DA, and if they form a Judicial committee, DON'T GO. And then if and when you're DF'd do the letter to the editor bit making sure to mention that you were DF'd from a religion you no longer counted yourself a member of.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

People will gossip and assume the worst no matter what you do.

I would just send them a note saying you are dealing with personal matters or health matters or whatever and you need to take a break from the routine and would like NO VISITS until further notice. This should buy you some time to do some further research and make sure whatever exit you decide is the right one for you.

People need to get out of their head that they owe some kind of detailed explainations to these people or that they have to allow them into their homes. These are no win situations.

Path

• writerpen
    writerpen

They're coming. Quick everybody - HIDE!

• ShaunaC
    ShaunaC

Hi lv4fer! I agree that it doesn't much matter whether you DF or DA in the sight of the congo. If it makes a difference to you then by all means DA yourself. If I had had the knowledge I do now I would have liked to make the stand and DA myself instead of getting DF'd on purpose for fornication.

How are the kids doing with this info? Have you been able to see what they think about their future in the Org without you in it?

Thinking of ya,
    Shauna

• proandcon
    proandcon

lv4fer...I would suggest you don't rush into anything or do anything rash...as you know, there are some onerous ramifications with getting DF or in DAing yourself...why do it?, unless you've fully thought it out and do so on your time schedule...suggest you delay their visit for any number of reasons (sick, tired, depressed, working, travelling, etc)...in a short time, they'll tire of trying to meet with you and leave you alone...then you have the option of fading if you like...don't let them limit your options...they'll not persist and soon forget about you...happens all the time, all over, with "Jah's loving shepards"

been there...done that..

best to you...

• Mulan
    Mulan

I know a woman who was in your situation and she wrote a letter to the effect that she had done nothing to be disfellowshipped for, and that she had no intention of disassociating herself because of wanting to have a nice relationship with her family. She warned that if any announcement was made, saying she was disassociated or disfellowshipped, they would hear from her attorney, and she warned of a restraining order, if they didn't stop harassing her. That was in December, and they have left her alone!!!

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I also like the idea of going online to their official web site and showing the elders the quote about not shunning those not "involved" with the jws anymore and leave it at that.
    [ http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm]

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I KNOW< I KNOW,

THROW them a SUPRISE Birthday Party. That'll put em off.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit