The Elders are coming!!!

by lv4fer 21 Replies latest jw friends

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Elder concerned called me last night. We talked about a few of my concerns and why I haven't been to meetings/service in the last few months. He has set up an appointment with my husband and I for next monday. I guess he'll bring some reinforcement with him, they rarely come alone. I think this will be it. My husband doesn't want to play their games. He just wants to be done with them. I guess I should draft up my DA letter.

Any suggestions

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• Mulan
    Mulan

I recommend you not da yourselves. Don't play their game. That is what they want you to do. MAKE them df you. It makes more work for them, and it's on your terms, not theirs.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Hey Mulan, that's what I was going to say.

I second what Mulan said. Don't play their game.

Hope all goes well with you two. Hubby and I had two elders come by last night, since we are "fading", with accusations of apostacy! If only they knew

Hugs,
    j2bf

• anewperson
    anewperson

Yes, and after they disfellowship you take it to the local newspaper as part of a letter-to-the-editor in which you mention that the elders don't like things like the fact that they, the elders, hide child molestation as directed by the Watchtower Society to come out of the closet. Letters-to-the-editor need to be only 1-2 paragraphs long, so greatly condense things. I'd include the toll-free 1-877-WTS-ABUSE number of silentlambs.org.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have to disagree. I recommend DAing yourself. The reason for this is that it makes it clear that you rejected them, not the other way around.

If they DF you, they can say that they had to remove you for “serious unchristian conduct” ( http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm) in the interest of protecting the congregation. If you DA yourself, they cannot say that.

This still gives you the ability to go to the press, and makes you look good because you rejected the WTS for its practices.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Elsewhere, that is the reason I want to DA myself. If they DF me, the rumors will be (did she do something imoral, etc.) If I DA it's me saying I don't want to be a part of your organization anymore. I feel like I am making a statement to them instead of them saying we don't want you anymore.

I really don't want to play their game, but it realy is inevitable. It's all in how I am marked. DF or DA

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself."

Rita Mae Brown

• QUEENIE
    QUEENIE

AND when you DA yourself because of celebrating holidays among the lesser of 2 evils and remain sexually clean because you choose to do so----you are no FUN as far as they are concerned..Now back to reading apostate material !!!! HAVE A FUN DAY

• butalbee
    butalbee

This is a good time to take a trip!

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

The following is a rough draft letter that I would send if I felt the need to get out of the bOrg.
    Here is what I would write...

To Whom It May Concern:

For various reasons I have chosen not to be disfellowshipped by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.
    In addition to this I have also decided to not disassociate myself from your organization because, I desire to maintain my current loving relationships with friends and family.

If my friends and family, as a result of this letter, decide not to associate with me anymore, I know in my heart that this is not my fault and that I have done everything within my self-respecting means to keep that from happening.

This letter is not for the purpose of debate. No one ever wins an argument.

It is my opinion, however, after evaluating my own experiences and my careful study of the history of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, that they are not worthy of the title “God’s Earthly Organization”, therefore I am not subject to them.

In the business world...the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society would be considered in "Breach of Contract" because of their failed prophecies and cover-ups.
    Since the WTBS has not held up their end of the bargain, one doesn’t have to be subject to them...end of contract.

Any organization that has contradicted their own beliefs by means of their own published periodicals should not have the auspicious position of claiming to be led by an almighty and perfect God.

As far as I’m concerned, your organization doesn’t exist.
    I’m not scared of you (Deut. 18:22) and you have no power over me.

Lizard

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Don't even mention Disfellowshipping or Dissassociation...

Say: "I simply wish to cease to be involved in the faith"

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Do you shun former members?
    Those who simply cease to be involved in the faith are not shunned.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit