Site issues: Jan 02 Update (Sign In)

by Simon 30 Replies latest forum announcements

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    There is no button to start a new topic. How do I start a new topic?
  • bsmart
    bsmart
    Top of the page, on the black line... about center of the line.
  • Island Man
    Island Man

I was having an issue where whenever I signed in using my email address I would have to keep signing in to the site again the next time I open my browser even though I checked the option to stay signed in.

Then when I signed in using my user name - Island Man - I noticed that I remain signed in when I reopen my browser. So I think the feature to keep you signed in works with user names but not email addresses. Either that or Simon fixed it at the same time that I signed in with my user name causing me to think that was the solution. 

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog
    I finally was able to log on the other day.  after trying for a week.  thanks Simon
  • Simon
    Simon
    Either that or Simon fixed it at the same time that I signed in with my user name causing me to think that was the solution.

It was a separate problem I fixed. There were a few little issues. If we improve something every day ... well, every day it will get a little bit better :)

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Yay!

I'm in.

Thank you Simon 

• scary21
    scary21

OK. finally made it to the other side.....yeahhhh

Simon, I just signed in with E-mail and password.  That's it .........No warning message ,no select one, nothing

I was shocked it was so easy after trying 50 x in the last week. Thank you !!!!

Sherry

• jhine
    jhine

Happy New Year Simon , and get well soon . 

I have a few questions . Do we still have the technology to find topics posted on and topics started like wot we did before ? And how do we send pms ? I have clicked dementedly everywhere I could find to click but cannot see where to find those bits , new IT terminology ! 

Appologies if it is me being thick but some help would be appreciated . 

Jan 

• KateWild
    KateWild

Jan,

Sending pms is the same as before. Click on the poster, then click message.

I will send you one, see if you can reply.

Kate xx

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Had a look around and it is amazing Simon. I struggle with change but I love everything about the new site. It even is letting me type this on my phone! 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit