OMFG Dinosaurs and Noah

by konceptual99 50 Replies latest jw friends

• DS211
    DS211

Neverending--then how do any sea creatures remain? Noah didnt have a goldfish bowl in his arc did he?

• paladin
    paladin

How could a human put up with the all the offensive odors in a confined space such as aboat full of stinking animals must have unbearable. lol. What kind of ventilation system was available at that time?

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Neverending--then how do any sea creatures remain? Noah didnt have a goldfish bowl in his arc did he?

He did have a goldfish bowl. In fact, Jehovah temporarily made all sea life microspic and placed into Noahs's special bowl until the ark made landfall. The water in the bowl was then sprinkled with fairy dust and the sea creatures all returned to their normal size and rushed back to their natural habitats. Except for dinosaur sea life. Dinosaurs were too stupid to find their way back, so they died on shore and their remains were instantly fossilized. Their remains also serve as the source of all crude oil in our modern age. Little known fact.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

How could a human put up with the all the offensive odors in a confined space such as aboat full of stinking animals must have unbearable. lol. What kind of ventilation system was available at that time?

---

Funny...this same question was no doubt asked at Bethel's Writing Department when they were concocting the 7/15/13 issue of the Watchtower...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I just thought of something, and please correct me if I am wrong. Doesn't the WTBTS teach that Noah only brought certain "kinds" of animals on the Ark? So, for example, he brought Elephants, but not Wooly Mammoths, ect. IF that is the case, then for us to have ALL the variations of earthly life that exist RIGHT NOW, "evolution" as defined in the dictionary would had needed to occur. [ Nevermind sea life ]

Not only that, but it would have to occur at an incredibly rapid rate, faster than any of Satan's Scientists claim, right? If the WTBTS is right, then that had to occur, otherwise where did all the existing animals come from?? With only thousands of years passing since the flood, we should only have the same basic types of creatures that were on the Ark, instead of the incredible variety in existence! Doesn't a slow change over millions of years make more sense? Anyone?? Am I making sense?

DD

• BU2B
    BU2B

Yes DD, I agree that the WT stance makes zero sense. They have no answer for it because no one is suposed to be thinking that hard. If you do you probably arent cut out to be a JW anyways lol

• DS211
    DS211

Neverending--i jus laughed so hard i farted

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If the GB were smart they would "adjust" their view. They should teach that the Hebrew word for world/earth can also mean land. So Noah's land, his "world" that he could perceive with his eye, was destroyed. It would be similar to early Christians saying that the good news had been preached in all the inhabited earth. Saying that the flood was fairly localized makes more sense. It doesn't take away any of the meaning of Jesus' words concerning the end of the Jewish system either.

Since the WTBTS is a Neo-zionist/jewish/adventist cult, they probably won't do that.

DD

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The water would have mixed destroying the suitable habitat for countless number of species.

I actually never thought of this. Very true. There would no longer be separation between salt and fresh water.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I just thought of something, and please correct me if I am wrong. Doesn't the WTBTS teach that Noah only brought certain "kinds" of animals on the Ark? So, for example, he brought Elephants, but not Wooly Mammoths, ect. IF that is the case, then for us to have ALL the variations of earthly life that exist RIGHT NOW, "evolution" as defined in the dictionary would had needed to occur.

Yes, the Insight article on Flood acknowledges that "variation" caused all the species we see today. I'm pretty sure there are articles where the Society has drawn a line between microevolution and macroevolution and indicated that microevolution is acceptable, since it simply represents animals adapting to their environment, doing so in ways that God built into their existing genes. I'm not saying this is scientifically sound, but that's what I've read in the literature.

Not only that, but it would have to occur at an incredibly rapid rate, faster than any of Satan's Scientists claim, right?

Well, it gets complicated. Some adaptations do occur quickly. Since the Society won't be pinned down by defining "kind" or saying which specific species might have been on the Ark, we don't really have a way to say, "This animal evolved even more quickly in WT teachings than scientists think."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit