OMFG Dinosaurs and Noah

by konceptual99 50 Replies latest jw friends

• jws
    jws

I have an ex-JW friend who is still very religious. He says that the initial verses of the bible might be more accurately translated that the Earth "became without form". Implying that god wiped out whatever he created before. ie this might not have been the first creation. That the animals from millions of years ago (dinosaurs) were from some previous creation, prior to where Genesis picks up. One that he doesn't like, wipes out, and starts over.

EXCEPT, this is before god said "let there be light" and before he created the sun, moon, & stars on day 4. So whatever was there was living in total darkness in the coldness of absolute zero (-273 degrees Celcius). And not to mention that Exodus 20:11 says god made the earth as part of the 6 days. So there was no prior earth, prior to where Genesis starts.

Even if the WBTS does not state specificallly that dinosaurs were destroyed by the flood, other religious people do believe that their extinction event was the flood.

If the dinosaurs died off in the flood, that would mean Noah did not bring them on the ark. Which means he disobeyed Genesis 6:19-20 that tells him to bring 2 of every kind of thing that walks on the ground. But Genesis 6:9 describes Noah as righteous and faithful. That is why god is saving him, right?

Which is it? Was Noah faithful and brought the dinosaurs along? Or unfaithful and let them die off? And in turn, unfaithful and not deserving to survive?

If you believe Noah was faithful, then the dinosaurs did NOT die in the flood. They may have died off before. Or they may have died off after. But not as a cause of the flood.

Wikipedia shows the top 15 longest dinosaurs as being in the 100 foot range. Really, even if your ark is 450 feet long, how many of those can you fit? Really? Fitting all the species we have today would be impossible. Add in dinoaurs? Forget it.

• DS211
    DS211

I pointed out to my wife also that Jehovah said Never will the seasons change, that there will always be the seasons.....many witnesses think somehow paradise will turn the erf into a totally balanced and temperate climate hahahahaha....phew.

i really wanted to comment and say that its interesting that animals started eating meat after the flood and yet both them and dinos had predators who ate meat and had teeth for ripping apart meat prior to......and since JWs believe in a global flood the whole kangaroo only in australia and ither stories are quite damning to their doctrine....whoops

• jws
    jws

No eating meat before the flood? And T-rex had sharp teeth and a powerful jaw for what? Eating leaves and grass? Sharks have rows and rows of sharp teeth and a powerful jaw for eating seaweed? Cheetahs were created as the fastest land animal for chasing down those speedy bushes and trees?

Everything falls apart. If you believe in the flood, you have to believe god is a workaholic. In order for his cockamamie plan to work, he has to perform billions of miracles large and small. Like getting animal from Australia to Noah and back, sustaining all the animals on the ark. Saving all the sea life when salt and fresh waters mix, keeping all the plants alive under all that saltwater, keeping the saltwater residue from preventing new growth afterwards, keeping species from going extinct now that they can eat each other, etc.

Why not send a few angels and go kill the bad people. You can create all of the stars (billions of galaxies containing millions of stars each) in one day, you can't just snap your fingers and remove all the bad people that you're going to kill in the flood?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

For example for decades they have wondered how the dinosaurs all disappeared but if they looked at the account of the flood then they would see the answer.

Out of the mouths of poorly educated people comes what ? ......... ignorance its just a fact of life itself.

Unfortunately that ignorance gets spread about and reconfirmed in most religious institutions

like the Jehovah's Witnesses.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

If you believe in the flood, you have to believe god is a workaholic. In order for his cockamamie plan to work, he has to perform billions of miracles large and small.

Exactly! I honestly get depressed to think i was dumb enough to believe this.

Even if god wanted to take this idiotic approach at saving two animals of each specie, why would he try to stuff them in an ark? How did the animals get there? God made all animals fly over the oceans to get there? Who collected all the food for all the animals for all those days? How did all these unique foods which they eat get to the middle east? Did God make the food fly as well?

There are around 25 - 50 millions species of animals. There is a million species of birds alone. No, birds can't fly for 40 days. Double that you have 50 - 100 million animals. They fit in a box 450 ft long? Who cleaned all that $hit everyday? 8 people did it?

Where did all that water go?

If i was jehoober, i would gather a few brain cells and decide to send a few angels to earth and kill all the people and animals and save myself from a logistical nightmare.

• DS211
    DS211

Remember sharks werent destroyed in flood....all sea life survived right? So what happened to the sea beasts from the dinosaur age?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Who cleaned all that $hit everyday? 8 people did it?

----

sure, 8 people did all that....for a year:

Detroit Zoo

Situated on 125 acres with many naturalistic habitats

Home to more than 3,300 animals of 280 species

210 employees including full and part-time

More than 1,100 volunteers, docents and gardeners who donate more than 100,000 hours of service each year

http://detroitzoo.org/about/zoo-facts

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Remember sharks werent destroyed in flood....all sea life survived right? So what happened to the sea beasts from the dinosaur age?

And how did both fresh and salt water fish survive if the flood waters covered the tallest mountains? The water would have mixed destroying the suitable habitat for countless number of species.

• BU2B
    BU2B

jws-Dont be silly.. Of course t-rex didnt have those teeth for grass! They were obviously there for cracking open those stubborn cocunuts :)

• BU2B
    BU2B

And its not just dinos. Over 90% of all species that have ever existed have gone extinct.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit