OMFG Dinosaurs and Noah

by konceptual99 50 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Just got back. Yup - it was a random Witness, I know it's not really a WTS teaching but the mere fact a Witness of 50 years can still think it's OK to say such a thing says loads about the way the WTS "teaches".

That such a statement is not picked up by the conductor is crazy.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Hilarious. I imagine the conductor not wanting to embarrass him by correcting him.

• bohm
    bohm

Thanks for the clarification. I wish i could spend a day in that mans head, must be an amazing world he lives in

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

the mere fact a Witness of 50 years can still think it's OK to say such a thing says loads about the way the WTS "teaches"

If you were to give my mother a quiz about elementary WT doctrines, I doubt she'd get half of the answers right. In fact, I'm quite certain she would have no idea whether according to WT doctrine the dinosaurs were wiped out by the flood or died off many years before. She simply doesn't care about that kind of thing. She's been a baptized Witness for something like 30 years. I have no idea how she "passed" the question sessions she had with the elders before her baptism.

What's worse, my dad to this day says he expected to see the holy spirit or a vision after being dunked. It's a crazy world. All my mom cared about were that the children were well dressed and well behaved and she wanted to raise her own kids in that environment. My dad was excited that he finally had access to the Bible (he was Catholic) and could now argue with his siblings and "prove" them wrong using the Bible. That was a huge deal. When he was growing up only priests dared attempt to understand the Bible.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"For example for decades they have wondered how the dinosaurs all disappeared but if they looked at the account of the flood then they would see the answer."

Spoken by someone who either hasn't read Genesis, or doesn't understand the meaning of the word 'every'

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Apog: Hilarious. I imagine the conductor not wanting to embarrass him by correcting him.

--

Sadly, the conductor was probably thinking, "wow! I didn't know that! Sure am glad I came to the meeting tonight...otherwise I would've missed out on this gem from Jehovah's table."

• AnnOMaly
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

A Watchtower Education..... Ironically worth about the same as the paper it is written on.

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

Why has no one looked up Dinosaurs in the WT library?? The last word is a 1990 Awake feature article all about Dinosaurs.

It claims that no one can know for sure when Dinosaurs died out, because Carbon Dating (OMFG!!!) is flawed. 'Some people' believe dinosaurs were destroyed in the flood of Noah's day.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

BH, I posted a fair amount research on your previous thread about dinosaurs: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/268672/1/DINOSAURS-INFECTION-AND-INJURY#.UtllVbROncs

Nice to know that people are reading my posts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit