Inaccurate hours recorded

by snare&racket 45 Replies latest jw friends

• losingit
    losingit

Hey! Is that Steve Harvey with that African American sister ?!

• KateWild
    KateWild

I remember going "on calls" in car groups for the afternoon and counting 4 hrs but not really preaching much just talking to everyone in the car group all afternoon.

We used to all sit in the car while two went on a call and we would count time. Kate xx

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

There was a time when you could not count quick builds and then they started to let pioneers do it if their trade was requested and the same with an elder. My husband was requested because he was on the committee but he would never count his hours, he just didn't feel it was right. Now they find any little thing. I knew one pioneer that would get on FB every morning and write out the daily text or some other topic and I knew she was starting her time before she left for the FS meeting. The COBE was a pioneer along with his wife were from NYC and they moved about two hours away. They would go to NYC on weekends and they would start their time when they left their house and drop off brochures or magazines along the way to keep their time going! If that isn't a joke.

• Splash
    Splash

Counting time while you're on a QB was being abused, so the Soc added a new rule that you couldn't exceed your total monthly quota (70 hrs) even if you spent a whole month on QB's.

I guess some were getting in some ministry, then adding another 60 hours for 4 weekends QB, trying to 'stock up' on hours for the year.

The other time you are given hours is if you are ill. The elders can agree to make up any time you missed, so when you are well again you can still hit your yearly target.

Splash

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

In our congo you counted time if you went on service with an unbaptized person. Time on the min, and then time 'encouraging' the non dunked. Twas easy time!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The hours spent @ QuikBuilds, Elderly Visits, Bethel Work, etc ain't one drop in the bucket compared to the hours counted witnessing at McDonalds.

How about a McWatchtower with your BigMac?

Doc

• sir82
    sir82

I would wager that less than 10% of all those "hours" were actually spent in "giving a witness".

Mostly it is:

-- Riding in a car to/from the territory

-- Sitting in the coffee shop

-- Doing the "pioneer shuffle" between doors

-- Ringing doorbells at empty houses

-- "Rounding up" your time to the nearest hour

When you consider that JWs almost always work in pairs, probably less than 5% of the "number of hours spent" was actually "giving a witness" to a real live human being.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Don't forget you could get a 'concession' if you were a pioneer learning a foreign language for a time.

If you're an elder you can count time giving public talks

I'm sure 'family worship night' is counted whether or not it happens.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Since when can visiting the sick & elderly be counted as FS time?

I have heard pioneers complain the do not have time for this as they had to get their hours in.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Family study night - two hours a week.

Rural territories; visit a local home then count the four hours round trip travel time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit