I can't believe how sexist the Borg is!!!

by quellycatface 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• man in black
    man in black

I attended a hall back in the early 80s for a while, Lincoln Illinois.

The po was quite a weird guy and in order to spite the guys who did not make the efforts to do more things like service, study, etc. he had several sisters

do the literature, and magazine counters. That went on for several months until the overseer came in and put a stop to it.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Heh, that's funny. By the way, there was a serious missed opportunity back when this topic started, for someone to write,

"I can't believe how sexy the Borg is either!"

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I once saw them use an unbaptised juvenile delinquent to operate the sound system at a DC.

This low life's only qualifications being that he was "regular in field service" - and of course , of the correct gender. But allow a sister to operate that same sound system? Like bloody hell!

Bill.

• Justmenthedogs
    Justmenthedogs

Scratching head...While the organization IS a sexist organization, they are following what their interpretation of it says. I don't have an issue with it, although I did notice women are ok to clean the bathrooms and vacuum the carpet and check out territory cards. I remember when I was living in Utah, going to dinner with some folks from the Kingdom Hall, 2 couples. The men sat there the entire meal and put down their wives, the wives sat there subserviently and allowed the verbal abuse in public, I can only imagine what went on behind closed doors. There is a lot that goes on that I have always questioned and the way women are treated was one of them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit